Wednesday, January 19, 2011

NOT bugging Chinese Eric, Kent's Kitchen, and bugging Jen

Eric picked me up at 6:35 so we could go to Dylan's... Wesley couldn't make it, but at least we finally HAD the Committee Meeting! We talked about the last two days for me - I was much calmer than on Sunday, trust me! He wondered if I was going to apologize to Dylan for "demanding" an apology... I'm not overly petty, but the answer was no. Of course, I had made up my mind to be polite to him, haha. Then he asked whether I'd talked to "my favorite Ho" this week, so I pretended not to understand who he really meant. He wondered if Chinese Eric was going to come to church - maybe, but I'm not going to harass the guy about it if he's sleepy because of his meds! "YOU SAID YOU'D COME TO CHURCH, AND YOU'VE MISSED FIVE WEEKS IN A ROW! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, ERIC?!?!" is not going to come out of my mouth, that's for sure! Yes, you could conceivably time your meds-taking so you can do what you want to do and not sleep all day, but I don't want to tell him that! CRAZY WHITE ERIC!

At Dylan's, we talked about plans / Jon being really late in December (not HIS fault!) / Raymond / Shally / Jose / Martin / Fellowship retreats / Bowen Island / Mr. Creep / our roles / MissionsFest / Randal's email about the distribution of single people among the new BS groups (which wasn't THAT funny) / that South African bracelet fundraiser of Tim and Maxine's (I was for it partly because Jen was against it, but the Committee declined) / Jeremy / retreats / Kevin's assessment of our financial situation / sushi / Uncle Fatih's Pizza / Kent's Kitchen / Pastor Tom / married people / Connie. After about an hour, I politely asked Dylan to close his window since it was getting really cold outside! We now have a date for that moving prayer meeting, so I'll see what to do about this. Deb brought out some apple cake for us, so I had a piece for Eric as well as my own, haha. Our next meeting will be on a Sunday after church (I've told Teunis NOT to come on that day if at all possible - same Sunday as the Chinese New Year dinner, actually), thanks to Vivian saying something about weeknight meetings.

Eric and I had to give Jen a ride home first before we talked about other stuff. I was going to bring Steph up to annoy her, but maybe next time! As it is, we politely talked about her unpaid Communications internship with the aquarium - at least it's good experience, I guess! On the way home, Eric thought I seemed miffed for some reason... I'LL GIVE YOU 'MIFFED,' MY FRIEND! I'm definitely not going to any Fellowship retreat which might be held this year, in keeping with my firm resolve! We also talked about "members" and minds which were in the gutter, haha - no romance in GOOD TIME TONIGHT, haha. Got home to find that the Canucks lost 4-3 to the Avs... now I'll soak up downtime!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home