Friday, January 14, 2011

STOP BLOCKING THE ELEVATOR

For some reason, white Eric called me at 6 - he is CRAZY! He said the talk with Gordon Smith started at 7; at least that was a good reminder, as I never really read too many of the emails this week because I was TRYING to be hardcore while working! Then I tried calling Chinese Eric, but his mom said that the medicine made him sleepy - so of course he was sleeping! Ha, quite understandable... I helpfully provided my name when she seemed to be stuck on it! When white Eric picked me up, I ranted a lot about the usual subjects; he said that Randal, Raymond, and Mr. Creep were not in my small group this year. Well, good... but it was kinda fun ragging on Randal at least! Frankly, I wouldn't be a good congregational committee member, haha - when I told this to Eric, he listed off a bunch of excuses that I'd use on people. Purple, haha! I asked if I'd missed anything interesting on Sunday (his parents had apparently gone to service) - we apparently have a new interim pastor now by the name of Tom Ford. Hmm... I hope he speaks well! (Eric bugged me by mispronouncing "Joseph" - STOP THAT!) Eric also said that Randal had called Gordon Smith the "love doctor" - oh dear. :P

The talk on love itself was okay, and fortunately ended at 8:30 - I don't think he was serious about going up to everyone on a bus and blessing them for taking the bus with me since they helped pay for it! People would look at you like you're crazy, man! I had to choose my seat strategically after talking to Jon about the cinnamon and Teunis because Mr. Creep was a row away, so I sat near the back where Mike / Emily / Citrus / Victor / Cynthia / others were. Of course, I waved to Victor - it was good seeing him back from Hong Kong! Unfortunately, Mr. Creep had input on the talk - JUST SHUT UP ALREADY! Then he wanted to go eat with us... luckily, Eric and I had little cash on us (he had small coins while I had $10), so we just went home! (in the meantime, I talked to Vivian about her snow day this week and the rescheduled Committee Meeting / to Jon about Chinese Eric's apparent interest in SERVANTS / to Dianne about going home and studying / to Wesley about the South Edmonton Church, which apparently Enoch knows about; Christon would know about it, of course)

When Eric and I went out into the foyer, I was distracted by little Mattias clutching his dad's leg - he was actually playing with a green toy car. (I should get him one of those, haha...) I said hi to him, and asked if the car was his - dumb question if asked to anyone above the age of six, I suppose, but he's only two and a bit! Someone else decided to take the car for laughs while Mattias was distracted - it wasn't me, I told him. After he got the car back, I left with Eric via the elevator. That would have been fine (even saying hi to Auntie Catherine), but then MR. CREEP BLOCKED THE DOOR WHEN IT WAS ABOUT TO CLOSE! *unprintable language goes here* He just wanted to say that he wasn't sure whether they were going to Beefy Beef or e.tea / Oscar's / SushiHolic (in the old Mama's Kitchen location) - GO AWAY! WHEN WE SAID WE WERE GOING HOME, WE MEANT IT! YOU ARE NOT A SELLING POINT! UGH! Of course, the elevator door BEEPED after that... stupid person!

I managed to hold in any ranting tendencies until we got to the car since Auntie Catherine was still within hearing distance, but Eric commented quietly that I was agitated. YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO ACTUALLY GET INTO THE ELEVATOR WITH US! HELLO?! ENCLOSED SPACES WHERE YOU CAN'T RUN OR HIDE?! After that, he said I should practice "love thy neighbor" and have a new project where I called Mr. Creep by his name... the last isn't going to happen, although he admits that "Nemesis" is slightly better. As for his being my neighbor, that would only be true in the vast global sense... NOT IN THE SEXUAL OR EROTIC SENSE! (and I wouldn't want that anyway because of what he did - and especially not after Bob sent me a message soliciting sex via FB chat [PATHETIC!] at 12:45 AM yesterday!) I happen to be good at loving my (metaphorical) neighbor, and I'm not being delusional when I say that! We also talked about bananas on bus stop ads, editing, typos, Toddler Sunday School, errors driving me crazy, honor and glory awaiting him in WOW when he completed cooking / fishing daily achievements while battling scarabs and such, Sunday, and more. When I got home, I had to block Connie Dennis because she was quite rude about my helpfulness in distinguishing between H20 and H20. (H2O is water, while H20 can be misread as H-20) No loss there, since she didn't comment on my stuff anyway!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home