Sunday, January 02, 2011

Cringing during announcements / JIN AND WAH?! / Fiascos / Candy canes!

When Eric picked me up today in the new car, he bugged me about the frost / ice conditions, and also about being drunk: water is NOT vodka, my friend! He also bugged me about the DARKWING DUCK theme song, the SEINFELD theme song, Mr. Creep / Raymond / Randal, and some other stuff. I said that I eventually would hate a bunch of people (not HIM!), and that my "joke" New Year's Resolution for 2011 was to become even more of a hermit... except when it comes to certain good friends, haha. I'm sure he thought I was serious since I have been championing the cause of the hermit lately, especially during the past two months and change! (I also said I was still full from yesterday's epic dinner - FISH BLADDER SOUP!) When we got to church, we saw Auntie Cathy and Uncle Hansel behind us - later, I insisted that she take the cute kittens calendar (REGIFT DONE!) even if she already had other ones! (she thanked me for it later by the washrooms)

Sat by Jeremy, and laughed at the Chinese Powerpoint slide: he could read the two-stroke character for "man," haha. I could read slightly more than that, but not TOO much more! He said that his brother had left just this morning to go back to school at Queens - sounds about right from what Mark was telling us! Then he noticed that the Communion prayer in the bulletin was actually readable instead of being in a really small font - that's GREAT! I went over to say hi to little Mattias, who actually gave me two high-fives after staring at my black bling sweater for a bit! (Brittney said she liked it yesterday, haha) Said hi to his dad Chung, who had attended Winter Con this week - good for him if he's committed to it, I guess. Jon noticed that Randal was serving Communion - he thinks that was his first time doing it. HA! Of course, I had to cringe when he did the announcements, too - later, Eric said that his term was two years. UGH! (Jon also said that Nate was at Tenth today - COME ON!)

Eric said that he wasn't planning to stay TOO long after service, but we ended up staying till NOON! COME ON, MAN! At least Mr. Creep wasn't there! Hugged Lucas to say "welcome back!" and talked to him about his holidays - also talked to Adam, Andrew, Connie, Auntie Catherine, Hien (wisdom teeth!), Cordia, Quan, and others about the same thing. Offloaded the red licorice on Nina while Carley was poking Hien, too... she's just thanked me for it via FB wall post, actually! Wished Amy a happy early birthday, and discussed the water with Ivan in the kitchen. I said hi to Cindy, who'd noticed that Eric and I weren't at church for a while, so I told her about all the "fiascos," as she later termed it. Gotta love washroom discussions! I saw my old friend Jin with her husband Wah and kids (all grown up now!) Michelle / Matthew / Kristin / Benjamin - I hugged HER hello, and bade Harmony to come over and meet this person, haha! (Jin was wondering about my brother) We talked about Jessica / Geoffrey / Elaine / Johann since they were the only other family with four kids way back when, heh.

While Eric was STILL talking to Raymond (double ugh), I went upstairs to give out candy canes to the Toddler Sunday School class while explaining the "fiascos" to Jessie, who thought I was like Santa Claus with the candy! Since Arthur wasn't there and some new kid named Brandon WAS (he looks like Sam and Connie's kid Jaden did at that age!), I gave that bag to him after first taking the name tag out. I told Ramen and Shira NOT to eat the candy before lunch because I didn't want their mom to kill me, haha! Gave Rachel's bag to her grandma, and Jonathan's bag to his sister Ashley while telling her that she had a bag too. Ada, Mattias, David, and Evelyn just got the bags without any warnings, haha! Went back downstairs and said hi to Keenan while grabbing a MissionsFest info book for me and Chinese Eric, since he's said he wants to go! Haha, we'll see!

Went back into the fellowship hall, where I saw little Micah admiring Stanley's cool guitar. His mom Frances said that he likes the guitar, drums, and piano - maybe he'll grow up to be a rocker, haha! Unexpectedly saw Chuck and Andrea back from Hamilton for a few days only, so of course I said hi to them! No, I haven't found a solution to the mice yet (I can hear them RIGHT NOW, in fact)... UGH! Eric was STILL talking to the guys, so I wondered when he would like to LEAVE - he wondered whether Mr. Creep was there. Not that I knew of (and I was looking during Communion), but you should LEAVE if you say you're going to! I had already done all MY talking to people, so he should have hurried up! He did ask Keenan how fast he could run, but got no answer; the kid just ran away from us! Then I wondered why Dianne had Wes' shirt - apparently, she'd washed it. I assume this is connected to the Polar Bear Swim yesterday, haha.

Eventually, we finally got going after Eric called his dad while getting stuff from the sound room. We talked about a bunch of stuff on the way home (like figure skating / hockey / reasons for disliking people / candle flames), and he bugged me with the DONKEY KONGA theme song - UGH! He said that I could come WATCH them skate - um, no thanks! Gotta reserve my energy for busing over to Billie's birthday party with Korean food and CAKE ATTACKS and nerdiness! (I told him that I wouldn't be here next week when he dropped me off, right after I thanked him for the rides) I might as well tape a BIG sign to my forehead that says "HELLO! I AM A LOSER WHO DOES NOT SKATE!" Besides, my place is probably still warmer than the rink, mice or not. After this, I think I'll take a nap!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home