Saturday, December 04, 2010

Fit-Over sleeves and unexpected Vivacity dinner!

When Henry picked me up this afternoon, I had to laugh because it seemed as if he were listening to The Beat. He was really listening to Christian urban music, hahaha! We talked briefly about winter plans - he has Winter Con, which a lot of people are attending since it's here in Vancouver! I have no real winter plans, but we'll see. When we got to church, I was distracted by Kayden and Justin and their toy cars. Later, I gave Chrystal her Fit-Over sleeve / New Jersey Milk bar / Christmas card. She thanked me for those items, and asked if I wanted some of the chocolate bar - nope, I had some at home! It was obvious that I went to London Drugs this week, since the things were in a small bag from that store! She liked my new Santa hat with the puff on the back - it IS fluffier! Since you can't really wash those, it's still okay to buy a new one every few years, too! We discovered that we both preferred chocolate over candy, although I wouldn't decline some candy canes at this time of year! Daniel said hi, so of course I greeted him back... also said hi to Golden / Gabriel / Rosenda / Harrison.

After Awana, I called Ian and a still-coughing Sean over, and explained the concept of Advent calendars (CHOCOLATE EVERY DAY TILL CHRISTMAS OR MORE!) as I gave them some. Ian thanked me, while Sean was definitely into finding the numbers on his, haha! When I said that they could have four chocolates today (people buy them for the chocolate - I'm not gonna LIE to the kids! :P), they were happy about THAT! Mike was asking everyone what they'd get with a lump sum of money at the mall while Boxing Day shopping - if the guys would get clothes, they were women. Nice, nice. While we were on our way home, John and Ada surprised me by inviting me to a dinner of Chinese food if I didn't have any pre-existing dinner plans. Of course, I said yes (free food with good people?) and thanked them. Ian joked that his brother liked Justin Bieber ("I only know the one song, BABY!"), and that his girl classmates looked at his books all the time at the school library. (and looked him up on Youtube at school - I am NOT SURPRISED to hear this about kids in Gr. 3!) I wondered if they liked the TWILIGHT books, too - this grew out of a discussion of the iCafé and Sean's question about whether midnight was the same as twilight. (then he wanted to know whether people got hit by cars if they went out at midnight!) Later, Ian called his brother "tall, fat, skinny, and short" - I asked how he could be all of those at the same time! He said that he made it up (I KNOW THAT!), and wanted to put "Sean" and "Ian" together in "alphabet mode"... okay, then!

We ended up going to Vivacity Restaurant, one plaza parking lot over from the place we went for shaved ice after Harmony's bridal shower. Since I knew how to pronounce the word "vivacity," Ian thought I'd been there before... nope, haha! We had strong tea, yin-yang rice (white and red sauces!), shrimp, tofu, chicken, veggies, seafood soup, red bean soup, Chinese pastries, mushrooms, carrots, and more. They talked about Hong Kong, table manners, family, and more - it was a good dinner, for sure! Of course I thanked them when they dropped me off - I didn't want to slip on the ice (we saw a HUGE iced-over section of concrete on our way to dinner), so requested that they move up just a bit. Certainly was cold outside - glad to be inside, haha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home