Thursday, December 02, 2010

Gingeri, vomiting, storage boxes, aloe drinks and soap, ENGLAND STICKERS

I DID HAVE TO RIDE WITH MY PARENTS TO GINGERI RESTAURANT! Bleh... at least the ride over wasn't TOO annoying, except for Mom suggesting I leave my bags in the car while we ate lunch. Nope, I was bringing them in WITH me, thanks very much! She did ask me whether they were presents, so I just half-lied and said NO. (one of them was, the others were not) Jon was there before we were, and had just secured a table. When Steph came in, I gave her the blackest look EVER before giving her the brandy beans and Christmas card! She said she wasn't setting me up, but wanted to save me from waiting at the bank for Grandma, who has no real memory now. Well, at least I got to put my stuff on the floor by Jon's reusable bag!

We talked about Grandma's memory / appetite issues, her vomiting, her telling Great-Aunt that she was just waiting to die (er...), Mom telling her to "leave them a legacy while you're still alive," our not expecting much money-wise, our having to be very patient with her, Costco, Bathroom Readers / Ripley's, salad, spring rolls, Pastor John, the Leslie Nielsen movie marathon, NAKED GUN / AIRPLANE! (Mom called it "Airport" - close enough?), the parents' trip to Nanaimo (it's not even over a weekend!), yesterday's Groupon being for Gudrun ($25 for $55 is good value unless you're Dad!), Steph and Lisa's horrible time with the onions at their place, the food at Gingeri being good, Jon's concerts (I'd rather go to Bible Study!), laughing at each other's ID cards, and more. Jon gave me and Steph the Advent devotional readers that other people had to buy, and Mom gave me $15. I guess it was an okay lunch... at the end, they even gave us a plastic bag full of Chinese mushrooms! It was so random that Steph HAD to take a picture of them! (I also got her to help with putting my mailbox key on my keychain) Mom says I could come over when they're gone, but not to invite my friends there - I'm not stupid, but I am an adult! Sheesh, lady! She said she had clothing for me, but she forgot to bring it: I SAY, CONSIDER THE SOURCE! She also wondered who'd given me my purple toque: Sheena and Chalaine!

Luckily, I had something to do after lunch (Jon had to teach), so I wasn't up for helping the parents move furniture back into its proper place after renovations. Steph dropped me off at London Drugs; yes, I should make sure the storage boxes have handles next time! (and I did when I went back after returning the box) Since I figured that underwear shopping at Sears would take FOREVER (and it did!), I returned the storage box first so I wouldn't have to lug that around. Then I went to Sears - after a long time, I finally found black underwear in good enough styles and price ranges! After that, I had a blueberry bubble tea at Death by Chocolate. Went back to London Drugs (after noting that the construction at Richmond Centre now had an actual floor instead of concrete), and got an aloe drink / three 3-packs of store brand tape (dwindling home supply) / an 8-pack of Dial aloe bar soap (ditto) / a new on-sale storage box which was the same style as the one I returned! Checked my mailbox when I got home to find a postcard of a Finnish bridge [Jätkänkynttilä] from Didu (didu), and a rather plain-looking long envelope containing a card / Christmas-themed stickers / England soccer stickers (my sister would LOVE these!) / Arms Trade treaty stickers from Paul. (sherbetsaucers) Very COOL!

Deb sent an email to say that she and Dylan wanted to thank me for my thoughtful words (always a pleasure!) and the Coffee Crisp bars (they enjoy them), and that she'd see me tomorrow. I'm afraid I was SUCH a girl while telling her about the stickers... oh well. I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING I FORGOT AT THE STORE! (treats for tomorrow's Bible Study) *sigh* Guess I'm going back there soon-ish... Dylan also sent us (me / Eric M. / Christon / Wesley / Vivian / Jen / Kevin) an email about Monday's Committee meeting. He wonders if there's a central meeting place since Wes lives out in PoCo... yeah, good luck with that. :P Actually, I'm not going out anywhere, given the sad state of my bank account!


Mom, on preparing the perfect holiday turkey: "Oh, mine is very good. I put gloaves and STAR ANUS with the turkey!" Cue a round of laughter from my siblings and me! (she meant "cloves and star anise")

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home