Monday, November 01, 2010

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT marathon with ethics, pork, and strange caring!

Steph and I went to a nearby pub after our Korean lunch to see if they did beer off-sales; they did, so she got 12 cans of Sleeman's Honey Lager for the ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT marathon later. The lady's first few options didn't sound appealing: Bud Light? Kokanee? Molson Canadian? Stella Artois? We talked about my dragon purse zipper breaking: no, I am NOT talking to Mom to see what she'd say about it since I can do SOME things without her! I think I'll just get a zippered pencil case or something from a dollar store or similar establishment tomorrow! At lunch, we'd been joking about how "great" it would be if Lisa came home from work to a houseful of naked people who were pretty much strangers to her - of course, that didn't happen! ("Are your friends going to be dressed up?" "I don't know... but they will be wearing clothes!") We got to the townhouse and put on some football; Steph commanded the TV to show Eric, haha.

Jon and Harmony got in after buying some butternut squash and such; I found out that Jon's teaching in Richmond tomorrow, so asked him for a ride. At first, he was mean and said NO... he "changed his mind" later, so we'll see! I got Jeremy to sign the guestbook, too. By the time Patricia found the house after getting lost like she is prone to doing, the cooks were hard at work preparing stuff in the kitchen! Steph offered me some extra mugs that she had in a box underneath the kitchen table; I initially said I'd look at my own supply of mugs when I got home tonight (since I'll be back tomorrow), but figured that I could just take some tonight since Eric would definitely be giving me a ride home! That way, I can avoid carrying those things home on transit tomorrow night if need be! She said that was good thinking, which I certainly CAN sometimes exhibit! (Mom's place has no shortage of kitchen supplies) We talked about pork, La Fin du Monde, Maudite, Imperial Stout, pumpkin ale, the BC Lions streaker a few weeks back, noise from fireworks, Lisa's copy of FREAKONOMICS, passports, applesauce, cannibalism (selling human meat as pork), apple cider, roasted root vegetables (NO EXCESS SALT!), the football game, the World Series, characters, Nathan, Tobias, nicknames, coffee grounds and compost, strong coffee, a Red Rain acai energy drink from Jon and Harmony to me, the Italy souvenir being a notebook with a bomb on it, the "Sexy Italian Pasta," park patrol, Christon's anniversary gift to his mom today (driving her to Future Shop?!), Wreck Beach, and more. Albert came in late, as did Eric - he said that BC had won the game this afternoon, where they'd played Michael Jackson's THRILLER.

The episodes were pretty funny: "She's not really my cousin?!" "My uncle has a worthless lemon grove?!" "She's not really blind?!" "I'm a never-nude!" "I'm in love with your brother(-in-law)!" "I'm firing her!" "We're manipulative and dysfunctional!" "I slept with your ethics teacher!" "I'm pretending to be handicapped!" "Make this insufferable Korean kid SHUT UP!" Jeremy says that the Korean kid (Anggyong - "Hello") has a real purpose later in the show; I believe him! He also says that it's funny watching the show again for the fourth time or whatever since you can laugh at certain lines or scenes which foreshadow things six episodes into the future! That, I can also believe! Steph and Lisa made me say "Trick or Treat" before depositing a bunch of fun size candy in my bag, haha. When it was just the close people (me / Jon / Harmony / Steph / Lisa / Jeremy / Eric / Christon) in the kitchen, almost anything went! During the course of the evening, I migrated from the couch with Jen and Patricia to the dining room table with Jeremy and the other guys - CLOSE PEOPLE! Also, YAY for Europe's THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

On the way home, Eric said that I could put my bag of mugs and such in his trunk since he didn't want them to fly around and break in the event of a sudden stop - sure! Then he called his dad to say he'd be home soon; I don't miss those "check-in" days AT ALL, man! He told me that he'd volunteered to lead this Friday (another BS program!) - hmm, I wonder if this means Randal is crushed by his new responsibilities if he needs a break already! I was sitting on the chair where he'd put his jacket tonight, haha! Eric said that Randal had moved on, and he can tell this by his demeanor... you can never be too careful, dude! He told me that they hadn't stayed a long time after Fellowship on Friday; since our definitions of "a long time" seem to diverge wildly on Friday nights these days, I asked him to clarify. "Two minutes! We started late, and ended late. [I noticed his almost-full tank of gas, reading the correct gauge this time] You missed out on my getting gas and a Future Shop gift card!" Then he asked ME for clarification about the liquor store near my place and the liquor store near the church... okay! He said we could take a different route: dark rainy weather makes for wet streets (no #4 / Alderbridge!), so it's not a good idea to take a steep road, especially not on Halloween night with drunk drivers around!

When he told me that Vicky had asked where I was "possibly because she cares," I termed that strange. "Well, I told her that you had some stuff to catch up on at home." We discussed DARKWING DUCK for a while: "He didn't answer his phone twice, and you call that a hint!? GIRLS ARE STRANGE!" Trust me, man! Apparently, Uncle Peter had been showing off non-online pictures of baby Micah before or after Sunday School today; well, I didn't get a chance to see them since I'd been busy with little Mattias, who seemed to like looking down at people or at the $10,000 wall through the holes in the stair rail thing! No, I have no idea where he was in service today, although I did note that he may have come up with his grandma when she had to pass the offering bag! Eric opines that I may be smarter than him at some things like grammar, but not pronunciation in French and Spanish, but Spanish is easy whereas English is hard. As he dropped me off, I said I'd see him next Sunday - he said FRIDAY! Probably not! When *I* said "Friday" (I meant "Sunday"), I noted that I was not really sober (not DRUNK) - he knows what I mean!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home