Saturday, October 30, 2010

Who knew that Superstore doesn't really sell wallets?!

Turns out Henry had a good reason for calling early; we had to pick up Martin from his building, then drop him off at the Auto Mall where he could then pick up his own car because it had been undergoing service. We talked about the SFU and UBC (Chan Centre) screenings of the Christian 1040 movie ("very powerful," they said); not listening to secular music; encouragement and hope in Christian music 24/7; various phone calls (Henry's niece Evelyn being hungry ["get Pop-Tarts from your aunt... I'm not upstairs because I've left already!"], Sabrina inviting the guys to the 10 PM screening of JACKASS 3D); Sonya and Daniel Fellowship people; Enoch Fellowship canceling their program for some PASSION concert; Chris Tomlin; and more. When we got to church, we said hi to Eric T. - I then told Daniel that Chrystal wouldn't be here because of a cousin's wedding. We managed to cover things all right, and that meant I interacted with more kids: Ian M. (looking sad and missing his mom - she's in the Philippines now because of her own mom's health problems), John H., Luke, Andrea C., Erin L., Amos, Harrison, Emily Q., Owen, Ray, Ian L. (wearing his cool blue dragon shirt!), Kayden, Justin L., Stephanie, Cynthia, Kirsten, Esther F., Joshua, and more. I also waved at Priscilla (who's graduated from Awana) - she's excited about Grace's baby Micah, all right! Said hi to Lawrence, Victor, Sabrina, Benedict, Emily Lam, and others. Martin predicted he'd giggle all the way through JACKASS 3D; oh my!

I encountered a kid called ADEN... PARENTS! After things had settled down a bit, I got some laundry money and consolidated my change. The stupid zipper pull on the purple dragon change purse got caught on something, and then broke off! UGH! I knew it wouldn't be good quality if my mother bought it, haha. Since Auntie Vivian wasn't around, I told Daniel that I was going to Superstore, and I'd be back in half an hour. We wouldn't be doing anything other than field random queries, anyway. I saw Christmas stuff in Superstore, but it turned out they didn't have any wallets... I decided I didn't have time to scout out candy or other things! As I told Golden when I got back, "Who knew that Superstore doesn't have wallets?! I was like: You're SUPERSTORE, dammit!" (feeling free to use "dammit" because none of the kids were in the room) He suggested Wal-Mart... yeah, maybe when I have the time! I might be better off getting a makeup bag or something of the sort (like a zippered pencil case) from London Drugs or Shoppers Drug Mart on Monday! (that is, if they're relatively cheap AND not a girly color!)

Joshua was all excited about passing a few handbook sections, and told me about it - YAY! Refreshed Daniel's memory on the scoring system, encountered static, told Ryan K. that giving candy only to boys was sexist, calculated points, and had a bag full of soon-expiring Starburst candy / Edo chocolate-filled biscuits with koala bears on them / Maynards Fruit Mania candy / Chupachup lollipops / one regular lollipop / chocolate-flavored GARDEN wafers foisted on me by Auntie Vivian. (I later gave the lollipops to Margaret, who then tried giving one to Mary) I didn't mind if Chris Lam took a couple for himself! Eric T. asked me how I was doing - apparently, some of the kids whom he teaches at John Oliver seem legally insane, haha! Auntie Vivian also gave me a slice of cake with nuts in it - no, I don't have to worry about allergies OR crumbs! After Awana, Andrew said that I wasn't scary - FINE, then! I asked his sister Stella if her brother scared easily; nope! Keenan, Isaac, Eunice, and Joshua were trying to "sting" (poke) Jessica and me later - we weren't having it! Tim (Joshua and Keenan's dad) said bye to me as well as saying hi when he got in - nice! He says that Karen I. has had her baby BOY, but doesn't know if she and Chung have decided on a name yet! We heard a CRASH from the kitchen, so went to investigate - Jordan had broken some mugs! I added Mott's Fruitsations and Maynards Swedish Berry candy to my bag later, courtesy of leftovers and Ian.

On the way home, the boys and I talked about zombies / brains / their life at school / skipping stuff / smart kids / kids who are the best at soccer / a girl Sean apparently has a crush on (he admitted that he talks about her all the time!) / practicing IN FLANDERS FIELD and CHURCH TALLIS (aka AMAZING GRACE) for a Remembrance Day assembly / trick-or-treating / Halloween parties / Ian's forgetting my name / giving away candy / eating dinner at Sea Harbor Restaurant at Yaohan with their cousins Jonathan and Janice / Nintendo DS / dancing with the Nintendo Wii / characters in their games getting up to Level 4000, 5000, or 7000; regular people get maybe Level 7 or 17 with a gun. When I got home, I caught up on stuff while eating Janina's bone and skull Halloween candy... I also threw some stuff away in the laundry room. I also saw that Renit Bains had finally added me to Facebook - good times with the notes in math class and Nick Turner, for sure! Randal had emailed the ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT group to say that he was somewhat abstaining from alcohol (DO IT ALL!), so he could have one fine beer or two Bud Lights. Jeremy then replied to say that he himself has been abstaining from Bud Lights for some time now: OF COURSE HE HAS! HE'S A GOOD PERSON! I knew that skipping Bible Study would do wonders for my soul (and my online time) - turns out I'll have to overhear Randal at Steph's place tomorrow, too!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home