Thursday, July 08, 2010

I'll eat the tomato rice since I'm Asian, haha... / Seabird eggs

I was surprised when Teunis called to be let in at 9:45, so I told him that it wasn't late by ANY stretch of the imagination! He explained that Kailee had gotten exhausted; so had he, as a matter of fact! They went to Chapters, Tanglewood Books, other bookstores, a crafts place, and a restaurant. He bought a few books for reading material, including one with the name FINAL FANTASY. (others were Peter Beagle, MATHEMAGIC / Margaret Ball, religion, sorcery, philosophy, and more!) I called Eric JUST before the 10 PM deadline to ascertain whether he was going to the BBQ tomorrow; since he's not, Teunis says he can roughly figure out how to get to Cambie and 20th. Sounds good to me!

Mentioned that he'd toss out the tomato rice (with some burrito?); being Asian, I immediately said I'd eat the rest of it. I could see this TOTALLY AWKWARD EXPRESSION on his face, but I saw nothing wrong with eating the rest of the meal unless he was contagious! Discussed BABYLON 5, social mores around sharing food (he's not sure about what I would do), STAR WARS, STAR TREK, space opera, brush pens, the insane traffic from Surrey to Broadway / Granville, walking, dessert, yogurt, the heat, programming, fans, resumes, sorbet (which he was going to pick up tomorrow), clean stuff, awkwardness (such as when Joey saw my dad in a wifebeater around the house!), and more. He told me some funny stories about his robes, airflow, scimitars, Metrotown, Death By Chocolate, his own grandma not recognizing him from across the street (he had robe / headcloth / other stuff on), people's perspectives about modern clothing, the desert, Jesus, dance class, and more.


Trivia fact for Thursday, July 8: What is unusual about the eggs of the seabird known as the guillemot? They are pear-shaped, which is fortunate because the guillemot nests on steep cliffs and lays its eggs on bare rock. Because of its shape, a guillemot egg will roll in a circle if disturbed, and will not fall off the cliff.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home