Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Zax, zoos, rodeo stuntmen, Jeremy's, and Dwight D. Eisenhower!

High-scoring words of the night:

ZAX (115 points) - against Trish B. [5W]
ZOOS (134 points) - against Christine V. [two 3W]

Another restart, with Taiwan conversation:

[21:53:03] Flami: so how goes it and the demo?
[22:45:01] Corey: right now, it's the Dragon Boat Festival, and there's a million people here
[22:45:39] Corey: the demo was good... they want to hire me. I made a mistake with the money, though... they asked how much I want, and I told them, and they said "okay!".... so that means I probably should have said something higher
[23:42:53] Flami: warning - computer may restart at any time
[23:43:15] Flami: I heard about the Dragon Boat Festival... and well, what can you do about it now?
[01:23:16] Corey: sorry, we all fell asleep :P uh, I probably can't do anything about that. I got the amount I want, though... it's just that if they accept that easily, it probably means they'd pay more
[01:33:24] Flami: that's true

Flime says there's a Saturday dinner at Jeremy's, so I'm definitely going to attend that one! When I called him to confirm, he sounded very sleepy, and thought Awana was still in session - then he said that Eric was going. I'll see what happens when I ask him on Friday!

Trivia fact for Wednesday, June 16: Which U.S. president was lassoed by a rodeo stuntman while reviewing his inaugural parade? Texas-born Dwight D. Eisenhower, in 1953. It was a gag that Eisenhower had okayed in advance. Rodeo stuntman Owen Harlan Mickel - known professionally as Montie Montana - appeared in a number of John Wayne films, including The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. (1952)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home