Monday, June 28, 2010

Mind your own business, random patron! You are NOT the library police!

I'm at the library on KAFKA, and am uneasy! The guy next to me smells like he just came in from a ganja break (if you know what I mean...), and keeps muttering about conspiracies. Borrowed All That Matters (Wayson Choy), Dance with the Devil: A Memoir of Murder and Loss (Dave Bagby and Elliott Leyton), and Tacoma Confidential: A True Story of Murder, Suicide, and a Police Chief's Secret Life (Paul LaRosa) while I was here.

I hate the people that fancy themselves "the library police." Some old guy in red is monitoring everyone's behavior. He's reprimanded a girl for talking on her cellphone for more than two minutes, reprimanded these other girls for talking about stuff they're doing on the computers, and scolded a group of Asian kids for talking above a soft voice. I get that libraries should be quiet and all, but seriously - MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! Forty-five minutes later, "Mr. Library Police" told the group of Asian kids that this isn't a group study session, and has threatened them with the STAFF if they don't move. GET OVER IT - I know it's supposed to be quiet in a library, but it's not like you don't expect a certain amount of noise! *rolleyes* Ten minutes after that, I thought he'd be GONE, but he simply moved to another computer. He then glared at some poor lady whose sound could be heard from her headphones - I'm surprised he hasn't bugged the couple beside me with a fussy baby who are discussing places to live on Craigslist!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home