Sunday, June 27, 2010

FELLOWSHIP OF THE VUVUZELA

This morning, Sam and Jeremy picked me up shortly after 9. We didn't discuss too much, although Jeremy and I exchanged "Hey" greetings, and I thanked Sam for the ride - no worries, indeed! Sam isn't sure if he has to help with the Canada Day BBQ; although he would like a little notice on these things, he isn't surprised because Daniel's organizing it! I told him that I just found out about the VBS orientation yesterday, and it was today! Got to the sanctuary, and talked to Hannah T. / Priscilla about allergies and whether they were contagious. When I saw little Nathan come in, I sat with him - turned my head to the left, and noticed Mr. Creep - good thing I later got to the coffee pot before he did! Talked to Jordan, Thomas, Phil, Tracy, Reigan, and Jinny before service as well. Tim came over with his son Keenan, who started talking to Nathan about the beach and sandcastles - Nathan (who has a cold) later told me that they were at the Timothy Fellowship beach outing yesterday, and built three sandcastles with trenches in the walls. NICE! When I turned my head to the right, I saw Jenica with Daniel and NATHAN! Of course, Stanford and I talked to him later, along with everyone else!

Talked to Jen (rats / road trips / BAD MOVIE NIGHT 3), Adam (Richmond dim sum didn't work out), Mattias, Auntie Catherine, Chung Ming, Uncle Y.C. (good thing he was holding Mattias while Mr. Creep was nearby!), Geoffrey (who did show up on Friday after running errands), and other people in the fellowship hall. I assumed Harmony went to her parents' church today, since Jen noted that she didn't see her around. I met Chung Ming's wife Ellen, who is pretty slender and tall. When I got some chips, Cordia was bugging her brother about slapping like a girl - Jon C. was pretty amused by that, haha! Jen half-wondered about the whereabouts of all the people she regularly hangs out with - I was doing the same, and I *knew* the guys are in Portland to stock up on beer and go to Powell's Bookstore while doing who knows what else! Alan, Mike T., and Wesley were talking about camping... and Brian said something about watching the England-Germany game at 7 AM this morning with my sister at the pub before she had to go to work. Jen likes Argentina, and England's her default.

Rich and I saw Andrea upstairs, and hugged her goodbye - she may come back on the odd weekend. David, Evelyn, Ada, Amos, Ashley, Conor (dragon shirt!), Harrison, Ramen, Shira, Amanda, and Esther were in toddler Sunday School. Conor cried because Amos and Harrison destroyed his Duplo creation, I gave Amos a Transformer for his birthday ("my mom says I can't have any more Transformers - not even Optimus Prime!"), Amos said his brother Rick is 20 (I thought he was 15), and I admired the kids' drawings. Now the Cubbies room has a clock - EXCELLENT! Rachel's grandma handed out lime / grape / pomegranate gummi bears for all... interesting flavors! I asked Auntie Ying if she'd called me this week, knowing full well that she DID... she said that she was returning my non-existent call of the previous Thursday (I was at Erin's then), and told me some more stuff I didn't really care about. (something about Taiwanese visitors) Saw Ian, Sean, and their mom downstairs - certainly there will be Awana next year!

Went straight to the fellowship hall after I was done, and talked to Cindy / Wesley / Dianne for a bit. Cindy said that Carmen was going to Dylan and Deb's friend's International Justice Mission talk on Friday, and mentioned that nobody else really seemed enthusiastic about going since she didn't get any responses back to her email about it. She tried convincing me that Langley wasn't THAT much further away, but I countered that Eric might not want to drive a whole lot after that road trip! Dianne wondered where everyone was, so I said that the guys were on a road trip - she had to go home to study, anyway. Wesley went to talk to his parents about lunch, while I stayed behind for the VBS orientation. I knew it involved some early days, but EIGHT IN THE MORNING?! No wonder everyone is so exhausted afterwards - I know the kids have energy almost no matter what time of day it is, though. Maybe I won't go to Fellowship those two weeks, haha.

Talked to Rosenda about her summer plans - they're leaving on a trip on Tuesday and won't be back till the 11th. Her older son Ian is pretty excited, but her younger son Gabriel doesn't want to go... at yesterday's dinner, he was very restless! (also talked about the PNE, Facebook games, and other things like being scared of certain rides) Had a lot of noodles, rice, and other things for lunch. Henry, Chris, Jason L., Martin, Alysia (or her sister Vanessa?), and I crowded into a room to watch a couple of funny Youtube videos afterwards. (The Fellowship of the Vuvuzela and Gay Funny Referee) I bused home after learning of another orientation on August 1 (since Henry couldn't give me a ride), and was surprised to see my grandma. Apparently, my mother also had a meeting. At least this bus trip wasn't as annoying as yesterday's... time to take a nap!


Edit at 8: The computer restarted during my nap!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home