Thursday, June 24, 2010

Forgetting bank cards / Iceland / Sept. 11

I went out to run errands today after I paid my Shaw / hydro bills, and had gone to one bank before I discovered that I forgot my bank card which I needed for the OTHER bank. So of course I had to go back home and grab it before going to the bank and the library, but I did get a free copy of the newspaper from the bus! Turns out that Steph saw me crossing the nearest intersection to my place - she was out for lunch with the parents.

While I was trying to get OFF the bus, a woman who couldn't have been more than 20 years old tried getting ON. I had to GLARE at her; to her credit, she said "Sorry" (although she didn't LOOK it!), and backed off. What is WITH people?! Now I'm at the library on FROST, heh. Borrowed The Sagas of Icelanders (Robert Kellogg, Jane Smiley) and One Tuesday Morning / Beyond Tuesday Morning (September 11 Series 1-2) (Karen Kingsbury) while I was here, too. The first book reminds me of Valdimar (genkobar) and Tryggvi (handofme), of course! The old Asian guy next to me is annoying because he asks questions of the staff - I'm not doing anything wrong, but what happens if I have to do my "double login" and he's STILL asking questions?! Edit an hour later: Oh good, he's GONE!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home