Sunday, May 30, 2010

Wasteways, knifing daisies, too much sugar, saved by Sam, stomachs!

Bingo of the night:

WASTEWAY (139 points) - against Debbie C.

High-scoring words of the night:

JAW (124 points) - against Angela V. [5W, hook off SENATORS to make WE]
VEEJAY (115 points; two 5W), WASTEWAY (139 points; 3W, 4W, hook off ROAD for a plural, bingo), LAKINGS (224 points; 4W, 3L on K, hook off WASTEWAY for a plural; a good deficit-erasing word!) - against Debbie C.
KNIFED (375 points) - against Diane F. [two 5W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
DAISY (120 points; 3W, 4W; a good deficit-erasing word!), OOLONGS (123 points; 5W, hook off JIN for a plural) - against Ann S.
BRAVEST (240 points) - against David W. [4W, two 2W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
HINT (220 points) - against Mark F. [5W, 4W]
GLOTTIS (105 points) - against Anjali R. [5W, hook off CHAP for a plural] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
ROISTERS (105 points; 4W; a good deficit-erasing word!), APROPOS (348 points; two 5W, hook off REEF for a plural) - against David K.
GREYEST (128 points) - against Janice C. [4W, hook off YANG for a plural]


I've had too much sugar today, and so am hyper... whee! Ivan finally called me back at 11:10, and said he couldn't actually give me a ride tomorrow because he had a full car, what with his family and his grandpa. Then I wondered whether Sam would be going tomorrow - Ivan gave me his Winnipeg cell number (which I've jotted down for future reference), with the advice that I probably didn't want him to pick up OR for me to leave a message. Definitely not, with long-distance charges!

I looked up Sam's home number first, to avoid even calling the Winnipeg number unless I absolutely had to. Uncle Joel answered; luckily, Sam was home. Even more luckily, Sam checked with his parents, and they should be able to drive me at about 9:15 tomorrow. He asked what I'd be doing for lunch or whether I'd need a ride back - it depends on what others are doing for lunch, but I'd let him know. Maybe certain other people will be there, haha.


Trivia fact for Sunday, May 30: How many compartments does a giraffe's stomach have? How about a camel's stomach? Giraffe, four; camel, three.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home