Friday, May 28, 2010

Purloining jam and plantains from Burton / Conveying translation, Eric habit, and Alex

High-scoring words of the afternoon:

BURTON (117 points) - against Lior B. [2W, 5W, hook off IF to make RIF] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
FROM (256 points) - against Jan H. [two 4W]
SENDUP (169 points) - against Bev O. [two 4W, hook off NOVA to make NOVAE] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
PURLOIN (250 points; two 5W), JOINTED (210 points; 2W, 5W) - against Demetra K.
JAMMIER (176 points) - against Alan C. [three 2W]
PLANTAIN (280 points) - against Jermain M. [4W, 5W]


Courtesy of Kaitlin: This translates a phrase back and forth between a number of different languages to see what crazy translations Google Translate comes up with.

I challenged Alan Canon to a Wordscraper rematch, and he'd added me on Facebook not five minutes later! Haha... he's eight years older than I am, NOT THAT IT MATTERS. NICE! I'm looking at the phone out of habit, too... I know Eric's not going to call me! Alex Lee deleted his Facebook account again - MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home