Monday, May 17, 2010

Digging and shoving primates through age assumptions and baseball increases

High-scoring words of the night:

OAKEN (400 points) - against Judy M. [5W, 4W, 2W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
DIG (107 points) - against Dana G.-G. [4W, 5W, hook off BI to make BIG]
PITEOUS (293 points) - against Linda H. [5W, 3W, hook off JOE for a plural]
SHOVE (390 points) - against Marian M. [two 5W, hook off ZEAL for a plural] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
PRIMATES (132 points) - against Tom B. [4W, 3W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
OVERSMOKE (240 points; 3W, 5W; a good deficit-erasing word!), REGENT (120 points; 3W, 5W) - against Naomi E.


It's a good thing that I am mostly impervious to Grandma yelling at me in Chinese: "Are you stupid? Do you think I would eat a lot of rice out of a soup bowl? You've gone crazy!" Grandma, on my age and childhood: "I don't remember how old you are... are you 44? 47? I remember when I looked after you three things [me and siblings] when you were kids! Your mother and father both worked..." Thanks a lot, Grandma... she also ranted me out for being useless when I couldn't fix the video on her TV. At least you have the SOUND! Jon's said he'll be here around noonish tomorrow to take us out to lunch, and agrees with Steph that the TV shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Steph will be by around 6 to take us out for dinner, and we'll be home in time for JACK BAUER!

Trivia fact for Monday, May 17: When baseball phenom Barry Bonds joined the San Francisco Giants in 1993, he wore a size 42 uniform jersey. What size was the scandal-tainted slugger wearing ten years later? Size 52. During the same period, his shoe size increased from 10.5 to 13.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home