Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Birthday tripleheader at Red Robin's!

I called Hester earlier in the afternoon to see if she could check my stove, and she told me to wait for her since she was doing something outside. Well, sure... but I couldn't wait forever as I had plans to leave by 6 or so to make it to Red Robin's. As I got off the bus to walk to the Canada Line station, I realized that I hadn't written in Melia or Emily's cards yet. Thank goodness they have benches, lights, and cover outside the stations! I got to the restaurant kinda late because the 9 took forever to arrive, but I managed to find Cindy / Harmony / Angus / Melia / Vanessa / Emily / Mike T. / Brent / Danielle / Joey / Ivan. (Mike K. came later than I did, phew!)

Gave Vanessa, Melia and Emily their birthday cards - and then shook hands with Brent, and I agreed that it was nice seeing him again! Talked about Wisconsin, small town vs. big city life, Bellingham being a small town with the feel of a big city, busing, dating people with the same name as you (Joey and I would NOT do that!), Danielle's brother, stomach issues, China, double cousins / weird family trees, being able to see Jordan dancing like some kid in a video, Chris Lam wanting to boil hot dogs, someone accidentally calling Rachel "Humpty Dumpty" (oops!), the BAD hockey score, a LONG fry, burgers, apple salad, books, and more. Cindy brought up LORD OF THE FLIES, and figures that it could be over-analyzed... Emily and I didn't really like the book OR the movie! I was determined to get a gingerbread milkshake since I'd seen them advertised almost two years ago now (when Eric and I went to the Abbotsford Red Robin's), but didn't get one then. IT WAS SO GOOD AND FLAVORFUL!

Eventually, the discussion turned to the H1N1 flu shot - Cindy thinks the seasonal one hurts more than that, since she got them both at the same time. I don't think I'll get it, although I've heard of people who outright refuse to get it! The other side of the table was busy discussing Christon, Daniel, Yvonne, no jeans / shirts with writing allowed (a distraction!) if you're on the worship team, Eric M., drumming, Jeremy having dress pants AND dress shirts, Pastor John and the bass guitar, vests, practices, Emily L., Richie, Sonya, Chris T., Cordia, Joyce, Quan, and other people. Mike T. wore five rings at once, so Vanessa had to get a picture of that, haha!

Told Danielle about the Pho lunch on Sunday - I'm still creeped out by Mr. Creep, and I don't think it's going to change anytime soon. In my more emo moments, I think of resigning from Committee / leaving the Fellowship or church entirely over this, but then *I* would be the one to start over. Better to make HIM uncomfortable, hehehe. (or not...) Dianne joined us right after work at the hospital - chocolate bars weren't really a dinner, but doctors DO have to eat quickly! (pizza!) Ivan wasn't going back to Richmond (and said that someone stole his phone!), so I bused home - Harmony told me about some Sunday Dinner, so we'll see if Jon emails or not. Discussed Subway, Japanese food, Jon at a downtown Eastside potluck / beer afterwards, and more too.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home