Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blogging, rice cookiers, and Charles Ng

Steph drove me to the Brighouse library (when I was thinking Steveston), where I wasted no time in getting a bunch of books while returning my old ones. She's at Daiso looking for a rice cooker, and I should get off this express Internet station! Am going to borrow All the Fishes Come Home to Roost: An American Misfit in India (Rachel Manija Brown), Committed: Men Tell Stories of Love, Commitment, and Marriage (Chris Knutsen and David Kuhn), Under the Knife: A Beautiful Woman, a Phony Doctor, and a Shocking Homicide (Diane Fanning), Twisted Triangle: A Famous Crime Writer, a Lesbian Love Affair, and the FBI Husband's Violent Revenge (Caitlin Rother), Uncle Jack (Tony Williams and Humphrey Price), Line of Fire: Heroism, Tragedy, and Canada's Police (Edward Butts), Who Let the Blogs Out?: A Hyperconnected Peek at the World of Weblogs (Biz Stone), No Kill, No Thrill: The Shocking True Story of Charles Ng - One of North America's Most Horrific Serial Killers (Greg Owens and Darcy Henton), On, Off: A Novel (Colleen McCullough), with possibly more to come later! Must remember to put all these things on Facebook's Visual Bookshelf at home, too.


Edit: I found another computer (FROST) since I wanted to flesh out this entry, and extended their time since there were only two minutes left - yes! I saw Auntie Esther (Rachel and Lisa's mom) downstairs at the DVD machine, too. SWEET! She had a very old-style blue-and-white library card, which I remember from AGES ago... nice!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home