Sunday, May 03, 2009

Kids and swine flu / EWWWW! Who leaves used condoms around?!

Once I got to church this morning, I wondered why nobody was around yet, and then I remembered that I was there early. Saw Jon and Harmony shortly after, and welcomed her back home. Cindy, Dianne, Phil, and Grace saw us later, and Ivan jumped in front of her. I sat with Harmony, and greeted Raymond later. People welcomed Harmony back, and some people did introduce themselves to her: Martin, Randal, and others. I greeted Christon, Annie, Mei Lin (Julie's coming back soon!), and others. Everyone laughed when Pastor John said that the flower on the pulpit was to commemorate a birth in the Chinese congregation, but they didn't know who the mother was! We also saw a woman wearing a mask, so a few of us discussed it a bit. After service, I gave Jen her birthday card and gift of two Toblerone bars, then explained why some of us couldn't make it to her party tonight: she called me sweet, and said that her mom's going to Tibet! Then I gave Brian his birthday card: he hugged me, and said that I always remembered - you bet!

Went to the fellowship hall, and found that the food (cheese buns / apple slices / cookies) was outside in the courtyard. Hannah thanked me for the gift, and said the book was good - Hien asked if I'd made a dent in my ice cream yet, and I had to say no. (Andrea asked me about it later, too... I'd bought it in a hurry, and I am NOT that lactose-intolerant!) Talked to Julie, Quan, Isabel, baby Mattias, and others - Mattias just stared at me, and he's old enough to be distracted by keys now. Hugged Chris to welcome him home for four months, then eventually wondered where Eric was. Waved to Andrew who had cool sunglasses, and happened to see Jeremy on my way out of the hall. He said that Eric was counting money - I should have just interrupted him to make arrangements for Danielle's party! After that, Jeremy got his bike helmet caught on something connected to the staircase, and he almost fell! I caught him, though, and we laughed it off.

Went upstairs to the toddler Sunday School, where we told the kids about the swine flu since they weren't covering their mouths when coughing. I agreed with Auntie Fonda that I missed Rachel's grandma, and said I'd email her about the French guy who eats actual cars and bikes. (the latter grew out of little Amos saying that he'd make her some COOKING CARS to eat, hahaha) Sunday School went so long that almost everyone had left by the time I got downstairs - after Quan declared that she saw a floating car (Cordia: "She needs more sleep!"), I asked Citrus to call Nate (who had my cutlery) for me. He wasn't picking up, so I had lunch with my parents, grandma, Alan, and Polly again at the old Green Village, now Tsui Woo. I used my dad's cell to call Ivan, who didn't mind picking me up at Chapters after he picked up sushi. Too bad I didn't have a cellphone so he could contact me! (I should get one, maybe... but they are expensive!) Grandma almost left her red knitting bag behind, and I was able to see a $10 bill in her wad of bills.

After lunch, I checked out Buy-Lo / Shoppers / the dollar store at Kingsgate Mall. Bought Western Family Shake and Bake equivalent, two pounds of cookies for the toddler Sunday School (which I should divvy up into Ziploc bag later), and potato salad for Danielle's party. Briefly stopped by Staples, then went to Chapters to re-read ANNE OF INGLESIDE: those kids got up to crazy things! I want to get the box set at $48, but probably won't right now. Ivan picked me up late, but I certainly didn't mind. We eventually found Melia and Angus' condo, and went in. Winnie and her two kids were there - so was her husband Kenny, whom I haven't seen in years - I greeted him, of course. Went into the billiard room to write a card for little Megan - she seemed confused when I gave it to her, but Winnie thanked me for her. Jeff, Anita, and Allison came later on - baby Allison is so cute now!

Asked Harmony about their afternoon doings, which went okay. (she hasn't seen her parents yet since they're on a cruise!) She, Jon, Phil, Grace, and Daniel were talking about marriage advice and things like that: "alone time" as a couple, the "Michael and Amanda" model of marriage where she consults him on things like how many hours she should work in a week (but is in charge of things in the house), weekly family dinners, Daniel and Nathan's dad missing his wife's inconsistent annoyances and quirks, friendships and struggles, and more. At one point, I decided to see what the kids were doing; Allison looked at me and called me "big brother" - OUCH! I actually spent some time interacting with her, especially after she wanted Joey's phone to play with. She actually managed to dial four digits on it! Mike K., Emily L., Danielle, and others talked at her, too.

Gave Danielle her birthday gift - she'd seen the movie, but didn't have the ANNE prequel till now. Talked to others there, and played Apples to Apples for a bit - I was distracted by baby Allison, but still managed to tie Harmony for the lead till the birthday cake was brought in. I told her that Daniel and Nathan loved doing the Chinese HAPPY BIRTHDAY song, heh. Had a good time just talking to people and interacting more with baby Allison - maybe she'll know me more now, haha. Daniel said he could be ready to be a father, Michelle could be ready to be a mother, and that Nathan could be ready to be an uncle! Jon mentioned something about how the best man wouldn't have to perform OLD best man duties, such as making sure the marriage was consummated! I said that at least they wouldn't have maternal accompaniment on their honeymoon - Jon was surprised to hear that Grandma had accompained Mom and Dad on theirs!

When we were tidying up, some of the guys found A BOX OF USED CONDOMS under the pool table in the billiard room! Advice was given to thoroughly wash their hands AND their shirts when they got home - the guys had been sprawling across the pool table to make their shots! Mike K. said that it was NO WONDER that the room had been so hot! EWWWWWWW! Eric took me home, and Nathan said I'd almost forgot my cookies - I had no idea what he was talking about till we got to the car. "Oh, THOSE cookies!" Eric must have thought I was crazy - he certainly acted like it on the way home with all the usual jokes! (I noticed that he'd tried to call me when I got home - oops! But he'd seen me at the condo, so it was all good! This computer also restarted sometime during the day, too...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home