Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Militia stanzas from Ava and Teresa / Celestial Tea / Poop decks!

High-scoring words of the night so far:

AVA (205 points) - against Lorraine I. [two 5W]
MILITIA (139 points) - against Jane J. [2W, 4W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
STANZA (134 points) - against Angela V. [2W, 5L on Z]
ZANILY (110 points) - against Luella R. [4W, hook off FLASH to make FLASHY]
BETONIES (105 points) - against Evelyn D. [5W]

Teresa Ly FINALLY added me to Facebook; phew! Corey and I were also talking about tea just now:

[00:22:20] Flami: the hamsterette: have you ever dunked six packets of sugar into your coffee?
[00:24:41] Corey: uh.... probably :P
[00:25:06] Corey: I don't drink coffee much, though
[00:32:43] Flami: that is a crazy thing to do
[00:35:28] Corey: do you do that?
[00:42:52] Flami: never
[00:44:04] Corey: how much do you use?
[00:51:35] Flami: maybe one
[01:02:47] Corey: well, it's still all bitter and gross then... you need at least a couple
[01:07:25] Flami: hey, I like strong Chinese tea... strong regular coffee isn't too bad, either
[01:07:56] Corey: well, tea doesn't need as much sweetening. I just put some honey in tea
[01:12:48] Flami: I've never really liked honey in tea myself
[01:16:32] Corey: you should have strong American tea! not Chinese :P we have Celestial Seasonings here, and they make a ton of really good ones.. lots of fruit-flavored ones, plus African red tea, plenty of types of green and white tea... Jane bought basically a whole carry-on bag full of that stuff to take home :P
[01:19:50] Flami: I tried Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger tea... it was okay. of course, someone else thought it tasted disgusting :P
[01:20:10] Flami: but I should try some colored teas too... I've tried green tea, white tea, and red tea
[01:25:05] Corey: well, that's a pretty standard plain one...
[01:25:35] Corey: they have mango tea, peach, orange... their white pear tea is really good
[01:26:02] Corey: my mom and Jane both like Madagascar Vanilla Red Rooibos tea
[01:28:09] Flami: you should send me some, haha
[01:28:31] Flami: well, London Drugs had Lemon Zinger... maybe I'll go there next time and see what they have
[01:28:37] Corey: their biggest seller is one called "sleepytime" that Jane seems to like, but I haven't tried that one
[01:29:53] Corey: I had to get some of them for my mom at the store at their factory thing... (which is like an hour away). they have a ton of flavors, and stores don't have room for EVERYTHING.... you can order anything from their website, but I think you have to pay shipping

Poo nugget for Tuesday, Mar. 3: Poop Deck - Despite assertions to the contrary, the nautical reference "poop deck" has nothing to do with where sailors relieved themselves at sea. It refers to an elevated ship deck located at the rear and comes from the French word poupe, meaning "stern." The poop deck's elevated position was ideal for both navigation and observation of the crew and sails.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home