Sunday, March 22, 2009

At least I do USE my Chinese, Grandma...

This thing restarted when I was out - at least it wasn't inconvenient this time! And it restarted right when I was going to submit this entry... UGH!

Jon picked me up to go to church, so I proceeded to go crazy. It wasn't about the "My Beautiful Coin Laundry" sign we saw. I just had to get it out of my system, so he concluded that poor Eric had to listen to insane laughter every Friday: perhaps so! At least it was okay, and he was expecting it. We also discussed Steph's being in Calgary AGAIN, Elaine and Matt's travels, my being the "token girl" at most Sunday Dinners, "seeing if there was room" to invite me for his wedding, and more. When we got to church service a little late, we sat near the front... I smiled and waved at Danielle in the row behind. I thought that the vase for the flowers looked like a smoothie, and told this to him after the first set of songs. He gave me a weird look and replied that he thought I was OVER my craziness. Hey, IT LOOKS LIKE A SMOOTHIE! (sort of, from the angle I was viewing it from) Jonathan made a sign and showed it to Nathan: "CHECK YOUR GUITAR CONNECTION!" We were featured in the PULSE again, woohoo! I like the PAX construction sign right in the picture, haha. Phil brought up fruit-picking in his sermon about the cursed fig tree, heh. After service, I told Jeremy that "sanctuary" and "sanction" did indeed come from the same root: "I thought that cinq was a French word!" he laughed. Ah, there's the humor I've been missing!

Chrystal asked if I'd seen Eric, and whether he normally stuck around for Sunday School: he did, and she gave him the items for their food hamper later on. Got delayed coming out of service because I said hi to my grandma, whose friend thought I was my sister for some reason! ("Ah, you haven't been at church in a number of weeks - have you been working?") Grandma tried to apologize to her friend, saying that my Chinese wasn't that good - at least I do know how to use it for communication purposes in just this sort of situation, sheesh! After that, I went to the fellowship hall to chat to a bunch of people, and discuss ketchup with Jeremy. Joshua and Keenan went for the food first, then they wanted to play the drums with Calla watching over them. Their mom wanted to leave for Gabriel's birthday party (I should get a card for the kid!), so Keenan asked if there were going to be chips! Hahaha, very cute!

Briefly discussed the gym, physio, fingers, haggling on iMac case prices, Crystal Mall, and Steveston with Raymond: we should make him come out to the Steveston area for the JACK BAUER finale party in May sometime, haha. He usually frequents the Aberdeen area, heh. Kevin asked if I'd bought my items for our food hamper: I said I had, and Cindy had the items since I wouldn't be here this Friday. Danielle and Jeremy both were going to bring their items today, but realized they had another week to do so. Went outside to talk to Julie, Mike, Lesley, Chung, and Karen about / to baby Mattias, and the generation gap. Mike's parents tried to make him call my generation (Rich, David, Chung, etc.) "big brother / big sister," but it never stuck. Anita's daughter Allison calls Auntie Bessy "grandma," and we wondered what Mattias would call us when he got older. I feel too old to be called AUNTIE by most of the kids, and even 10-year-old Priscilla just calls Lesley by her first name only - me too, actually. I really don't mind!

Lesley told the baby to call her by her first name only, while Mike ruminated on names for his future siblings: Flavio, so the kid can be called Flav. (as in Flavor Flav) Chung said that he wasn't Italian, so Mike retorted that he wasn't Greek either, yet he called the kid Mattias! Lesley rattled off a few of the variations on Matthew, while Julie wondered why all the parents left so quickly. Turns out that Gabriel's birthday party is in Coquitlam: NO WONDER! I went upstairs after Lesley wondered at my brother's lack of time management skills, and played with Amanda and Watson. Auntie Fonda said that the store didn't have that rice cooker in their stock right now; at least my need for such a thing isn't urgent! Talked to Rachel's grandma, too. Watson was being silly and putting toys on his head, then wanted to look out the window to see where his mom was; apparently, she didn't wave bye to him at the staircase when she left him!

After Sunday School, I went downstairs, saying hi to Sean and Ian on the way. Their mom Ada gave me a chocolate egg, which I ate pretty much immediately - I put the wrapper in the fellowship hall's garbage can, and heard my brother leading a song. Asked Bob whether he'd gotten any more sleep: he was kidding when he said he hadn't, haha. Then I used my Chinese AGAIN to ask Calla's mom why she was congratulating my grandma: ah yes, Jon's wedding. (Grandma called him my big brother when he's really my little brother!) I wanted to see what my mom was doing, but she didn't know: she was going to visit Pastor Eunice after lunch, though. I wanted to get home fairly soon to get in some downtime before dinner tonight, so opted to go with Eric since I'd already asked him earlier about that.

Talked to Christon, Jon, Nathan, Eric, Jen, Sheena, Chuck, Dianne, and others about trading an expired student card (DISCOUNTS!) for Chuck's iMac / lunch plans / simple ideas for Jon's stag / the status of Jon's wedding invitations / tonight's menu (at least the cherry pie will go with berry-stuffed chicken and maybe some beer) / returning my pen from service. Had the usual random ride home with Eric, so that was cool too. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home