Saturday, October 18, 2008

Man, the fellowship hall LOOKS huge...

High-scoring word of the night so far:

THERMIC (126 points) - against George M. [2W, 3W]


The first Awana in the new church building seemed to go well. Got our new uniforms as we went in, and I figured that ducking down under the CAUTION tape was a good way to access the front doors. Henry and I let John and Luke in before us, and bid hello to Katherine on our way to the fellowship hall. Andrew was there for the afternoon, so I talked to him / Chrystal / Golden / Stanley (who was hanging around) / Emily / Mei Lin and Tony (helping to set up) / Anita, Jeff, and Allison - good times. It was interesting to see Rosenda, Tim, David, and Helen as parents of Awana kids, even amid all the dust that was around! (David brushed his wife's hoodie, but that didn't seem to do any good) Jordan was his usual rambunctious self, and I wondered how Eric and Matthew's mom kept up with them at home! It was good to see the kids, including Priscilla (who said hi to me) / Thomas / Ryan / Zoe / others. Not a fan of the secretary polo shirt's color, though... yellow, red, blue, and green are all better than a dull gray! (ew!)

The T&T game was challenging and good: find all the Biblical books hidden in a paragraph! Benedict was right in that people would probably get a headache from it. Saw little Benjamin N. again, which was good. Got a ride home with Ada and John - Ian told me that he remembered the bathrooms and stairs of the old church (haha), while his brother Sean just spouted numbers off, heh. Ian also thought his parents were calling him STAR WARS when they were joking between themselves about his STYLE - John might forget about me, or Ian would want them to drop him off first since he was hungry! Upon reading the latest weather bulletin from my sister, I definitely do NOT want to go. Guess I still have to, though... *sigh* Why did she have to graduate in December? It would be much better if it were in the summer! (I know, I'm whining - MY JOURNAL, DEAL WITH IT!)

P.S. Eric is demented, but he changed my light bulbs! Ming Yan T., Koko F., Asjad T., Thea R., Chon Kit L., Jason S., Toussaint F., Yu Cheng L., Minh D., Soulless Seraphim, Lukas M., Jeff H., Victor W., Nigel Y., Quinton Z., Richard H., and Kathy S. also added me for the BLOOD GAMES! Jonathan Chan also added me, but NOT for the blood games... hahaha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home