Saturday, October 18, 2008

Relationship memories

Memories of a Relationship: Perspective
© LCN, 2008

Boy: Remember the time we just lay in bed, holding hands?
I REMEMBER.

Woman: Remember all the times you made me do things for you at ridiculous hours? (or when I'd JUST gotten home and clearly wanted to rest)
IF YOU DON'T, I DO.

Boy: Remember the time we went out for our anniversary, and then you were drunk at the Safeway? We didn't even FIGHT that day!
I REMEMBER.

Boy: Remember the times we spent in Chilliwack when I wasn't working? We cuddled!
I REMEMBER.

Woman: Remember the times you "play-fought" with me, only to have it turn into something else? Or all our constant arguing?
IF YOU DON'T, I DO.

Woman: Remember the times you restrained me because you thought I was always hitting you? I was SCARED! Or the time you put a password on MY computer without my knowledge?
IF YOU DON'T, I DO.

Boy: Remember the times you demonstrated your love and care by taking good care of me?
I REMEMBER.

Woman: Remember the time there was scratching, choking, bleeding, pushing on the floor, and attempted "guiding" going on? You said I didn't deserve it, and I also apologized for my part in it.
IF YOU DON'T, I DO.

Boy: Remember the times we kissed, and you said I was a good kisser? I think you're a good kisser too!
I REMEMBER.

Woman: Remember the times you seemed to not like my guy friends? And then you insulted me with the things you said "in anger" when we were fighting?
IF YOU DON'T, I DO.

Boy: I am COMMITTED to making this work! I LOVE YOU!
I REMEMBER HEARING THAT BEFORE.

Boy: Remember the notes I wrote you? I wouldn't do that for ANYONE!
I REMEMBER.

Woman: Remember the times I felt trapped? Or the times you insulted me about many things? Or the times you failed to defend me to your friends who thought I was rude or worse? (I'm not saying you NEVER did, or that you should CUT TIES with them, but seriously! Is loyalty TOO MUCH TO ASK?!)
IF YOU DON'T, I DO.

Boy: Remember the times we just sat together and talked? Or the times we sat together outside Richmond Sushi / the Keg at New Years?
I REMEMBER.

Boy: Remember the times we cooked together? Or the money / gift cards I gave you to go shopping?
I REMEMBER.

Boy: Remember how we could talk on the phone for a long time? Or the time you met Ryan and Alison?
I REMEMBER.

Woman: Remember how you said you'd get me gifts, but didn't? Or the time it took you THREE DAYS to clean the microwave because of YOUR not following directions? Or the time your cousin PUKED in MY ROOM? Or the times you invited people over without MY CONSENT OR KNOWLEDGE?!
I REMEMBER ALL THESE THINGS.


Yes, we had good times. But we also had bad times... and the magnitude of those bad times unfortunately outshines the light of the bad. No, I'm not all focused on the negatives. :P

I thank my friends for guiding me!

There's a reason why you're the boy, and I'm the WOMAN. If you were a real man, you'd understand. But you aren't, so you don't.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home