Friday, January 25, 2008

Cheesecake, instant noodles, Sukiyaki... make the insanity stop!

Things I did NOT buy today from the store, even though I wanted to: my usual quantity of microwaveable meals, Dad's cookies, a whole cheesecake (more economical than the halves), a cheesecake half (I eventually contented myself with a mini cherry cheesecake), a strawberry cream pie, sausages, Valentine's (sugar) cookies, depilatory products, and more. I saw Nissin instant noodles in the Asian aisle, and was instantly transported back to childhood - Mom would buy those all the time. Now they have seafood, curry, miso, and Japanese-style udon (Sukiyaki, which reminds me of the 4 AM song) - of course I had to buy those! I also saw some bacon-ranch Pringles, which is what I'd been looking for at Shoppers ever since I originally saw them in June! Had to buy two of those, as well as two of the Four Cheese [cheddar, Parmesan, Romano, and cream] kind... I'm a sucker for new flavors! (an advertising / marketing person's wet dream, I know :P)

I also noticed a little kid (not more than two years old or so) who stopped RIGHT IN FRONT of my cart, and seemed to be looking at it in pure unadulterated wonder! He said "MILK!" and I smiled at him and responded "Yup, I have milk here!" Then he went off in his mom's direction, but not before saying "ME TOO!" (he was drinking milk from a sippy cup / bottle) I said "COOL!" before going on my way - ah, little kids are SO cute! :D

The Nestle water bottles have a new ECO design: sweet! I also bought some frozen juice, thirty oatmeal bars (maple and brown sugar / cinnamon roll / oats and honey), mini-cans of soft drinks as a Starbucks caffeine substitute (it's CHEAPER!), and the Chili Cheese Lime Doritos that I've been looking for. Since I saved money by not buying a bunch of stuff, AND by purchasing a bunch of stuff on sale, I'm quite accomplished and proud. Now I need to go out again and spend more money on postage and such, but it can't be helped. If you want things in a box, I'll fill up the box even if I should have gotten a smaller one. I should be on time for Missions Fest tonight... must exercise restraint, haha. Got home to a phone call from someone whom I don't feel right talking to when I haven't finished the stuff he wants me to do. Oh well, I'll probably talk to him later... and I know better than to think that a certain Facebook status message is directed at me! (it's heavy to think that someone would die without me!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home