Friday, January 11, 2008

Dream of butterscotch lollipops / Random Friday Five

Unknowing twins marry each other: A set of British twins who were separated at birth went on to marry each other without realizing they were related. I love these weird stories. :D

Last night, I advised Eric of my dentist appointment / Chapters / Pho plans before Fellowship. Then I called Helen to confirm that we were still on for Frances' baby shower tomorrow - of course she'll come with her son Nicholas. All I have to do is go to bed early, and come out when she calls from the car... I don't expect her to leave a two-year-old alone in there when she shouldn't!

Jon's latest Sunday dinner email: "The latest installment of our Sunday dinner will take place at Jeremy's house (yet again), and we'll be enjoying a variety of foods: hummus, baba ganoush, bean salad, squash (maybe), maybe some stew of some sort.... we'll see... if you have any suggestions, let us know. Also, let us know if you can make it. School has yet to get very busy, so I won't accept any schoolwork excuses. :) P.S. If someone could bring a fairly sweet dessert, that'd be great! We'll be pairing it with a barley wine. Yum....." I guess I'm in for the dessert even if that means buying it on Sunday afternoon, which really means I need to cash that cheque TODAY before I go to Fellowship!


I had a weird dream last night:

* My friends and I were around the Broadmoor Mall area - Benedict noticed that the blue building near the 7-11 was now a bright yellow, and that there was a Steveston fish & chips place with British blue curly font and the Union Jack right by the 7-11.

* Then we went to Broadmoor Mall to go to the bank; Benedict wanted to be in one of the mall wheelchairs, so we decided to push him. We balked when he said that he wanted us to push him down the (not-very-steep) escalator that served as a ramp, but he insisted that he wouldn't get hurt. So with much misgiving, we did - he was right, and flashed us a grin as we pushed him into the bank. Then we went to look for rings... that went all kinds of awry!

* Afterwards, we all had to attend the last day of school in a big green field. There were lots of people around on this sunny day, and younger kids played on the nearby playground. A Chinese guy who was in a light blue T-shirt with glasses asked to lie down by me. I didn't see the harm in it, so everyone sat through a bunch of speeches. When Sheena walked by, the guy said something about how her glasses had big lenses. I tried asking her for her glasses, but she pulled them away from me in demur.

* The principal made an Alice Cooper School's Out joke, and further joked that he'd only be letting us out for the next 26 minutes, which was the length of time normally left till the lunch break ended. I suddenly realized that all the songs I'd listened to were really old, and kept getting older with every year. (Take That, If I Could Be That, Bootsauce, classic rock songs, etc.)

* Then we all went to celebrate in the convention centre food court - yup, the place where we eat dinner every year just before Missions Fest! Jackie came over and hugged me, and asked how Korey was - I told her that he was just fine, and would enjoy meeting her because of her vibrancy and music knowledge! Then I noticed my sister with a group of her friends - she offered me a butterscotch lollipop, which I gladly took.

* I talked to Kevin for a bit, and then noticed that Randal was in the midst of the group. Rather than create a scene, I decided to withdraw quietly from them. I saw a whole tin of those butterscotch lollies near the entrance, so I took quite a few! Margaret L. saw me and decided to take some too. We then watched various people destroying their schoolwork in the centre of the atrium - good times!


Not sure why I had this dream, but it was all right. Maybe I've been thinking about how I might get to Missions Fest this year, but I don't think I'll be able to. Guess we'll see, since there ARE still two weeks before the actual event! Last year (2007) was the first time I'd made it out since 2004, since I couldn't go in 2005 or 2006 because of Eric's work and such. I was grateful for a certain person's offer then, of course. Now I know who my true friends are, and will lean on them even more!


FRIDAY FIVE

Randomosity Redux!

1. What is your favorite fruit? Grapes or watermelon!
2. What is the last book you read? Live From New York: An Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live, as Told By Its Stars, Writers and Guests (James A. Miller, Tom Shales)
3. Do you like any of your school photos? No.
4. Do you ever blow-dry your armpits to get the deodorant to dry quicker? No.
5. What was the last film you watched? Pan's Labyrinth on Tuesday night at Nathan's!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home