Saturday, January 12, 2008

Babies and kids galore - good luck, Mel and Frances!

Backing up entries... I've finally left GJ since I can't even edit entries. This link is here in case I ever get Windows back again! When I try to post comments, I get this error... [Error: Got error 127 from table handler at /home/gj/cgi-bin/talklib.pl line 2383. @ web2.fedoraforum.org] Surely I'm giving up now!


Helen picked me up at around 11 with her son Nicholas, and we spent the ride to the Marr residence listening to 94.5 The Beat - I guess that's Danny's station, but maybe Helen's too. We also talked about cloth diapers, cars, Awana, planes, buses, kicking, babies, cousins, the busy holidays, her husband Danny snowboarding, and more. Said hi to Tim, Maxine, and their sons Joshua and Keenan when we got to the house - when I got upstairs, David and Rosenda's son Ian came up to me holding a hard baby book. (his little brother Gabriel was crawling around on the floor) He obviously wanted me to spend some time with him, which I gladly did. Saw Warren, Lauren, their sons Matthew and Brandon, Winnie, her daughter Megan, Connie, Jessica Lai (who'd had a fun time in Hong Kong over the holidays) / her mom Colosander and aunt, Lesley, Auntie Catherine, her son Chung and his wife Karen, Karen Chan, Auntie May, Auntie Eva, Uncle Anthony (who I thought was Uncle Stephen at first for some odd reason o_O), Jeff, Anita, their new baby Allison, John, Sophia, their two daughters Olivia and Anne, Mel, Frances, Elaine and her boyfriend Matt, Billy, Stella, their older son Benjamin, and some other people. Lots of kids around - no wonder the place was hardwood instead of carpet, with a lot of toys / books / felts / construction paper / entertainment for the little ones! The oldest was about three (Matthew), and the youngest was one month (Allison, on her first outing) - "Uncle" Mel apologized to his four-month-old niece Anne since the spotlight was stolen from her, haha.

Spent a good deal of time interacting with the kids (magnetic letters / balloon fights / nosy kids who wanted to see why baby Allison was crying / going up slides the wrong way / etc.) - at David's request, I held Gabriel for a camera shot. I watched him when Rosenda was otherwise occupied, and said hi to the older kids. Gabriel liked pointing at things, and I kept my glasses away from baby range. Talked to Elaine and Matt for a while - they met through church and Bible Study in Hawaii / have been going out for a year or so, and I told Elaine that maybe she could meet my boyfriend one of these days if vacation time synchronized! She agreed that it would be neat, and we spent some time discussing the holidays and what they'd done during their week here. (snowboarding at Cypress, 6:30 AM runs with Uncle Hansel, meeting people, family dinners, etc.) The games were hilarious - guessing what specific names were for animal young (swan = cygnet, goat = kid, etc.) / getting a blindfolded Mel and Frances to guess what various baby-related items were (breast pad, diaper with water in it, etc.) / guessing famous mothers. (Mother Goose, Mother Nature, Mother Teresa, etc.) I think I can be patient with the kids - certainly some of them must know who I am (or at least recognize me) by now! (Hannah was sick, so Lily couldn't make it after all) Definitely good times, indeed! We told Mel and Frances to sleep NOW since they wouldn't be able to later, but then decided that didn't make much sense!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home