Saturday, January 12, 2008

"You shouldn't like anyone if you're 40 or over!" Sure, Mike...

Went to church early after the baby shower, and resisted the temptation to call people since I was bored. After about an hour of reading, Michelle joined me in the basement and said that she didn't want to go to Sunday School. I asked her who the teacher was, and she said it was someone whom I don't speak to anymore. Despite my feelings, I told her not to give this person a hard time since it IS his first go at teaching, but she's not - according to her, he's a good teacher, but she just doesn't want to go to the class. Ah yes, I remember that from years ago! She was tired from Fellowship and tutoring before Awana, too. Jordan and Thomas fought with their hats, Dad gave me something from Auntie May, Melia said we'd be celebrating The Year of the Rat, and Jason told me that the hole in his pants was caused by a polar base burn - we also discussed Facebook. Chris said Ada was sick (Henry and Michelle were obviously not around - Rebecca luckily gave me a ride home on the way to Allison's one-month-old baby banquet), Danny (NOT Helen's husband - he doesn't go to church) complained that he was hungry (he ate EDO Luxury crackers in the kitchen), and Mike caused consternation.

Melia was telling us about this hot guy she's shadowing at work (KUMON!), and how certain accents (like Australian ones) automatically make guys at least ten times hotter. ("NOT CHINESE ONES, MIKE!" "Like I'm going to go around doing THAT...") Mike asked how old this guy was and such; when Melia said that he was 40 and married, he immediately said that it was WRONG since she's engaged! Melia and everyone else (all girls) tried to convince him otherwise - turns out Mike thought they both liked each other! NO! Melia then admitted that there WAS a double standard: if a girl likes an older guy, it's SO CUTE! But if the reverse happens (a guy liking a younger girl), then it's SO GROSS! Mike then "scared" Auntie Vivian by saying that you shouldn't LIKE people if you're over 40 - dude, that gives me only nine more years to do so! (and I'll tell him that tomorrow!) Jason, Amos, and Andrew amused themselves by testing the hypothesis of folding a piece of paper in half seven times and no further - then they tried cutting the incredibly compacted result. No wonder Melia was confused, haha. Good times, indeed. Discussed Korey and life on the way home with Auntie Rebecca - it's always good to talk to her!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home