Sunday, December 16, 2007

New babies, Advent calendars, people back for Christmas, sushi, and YOU!

Tried amusing my grandma in the car on the way to church by being playful. Apparently, she'd taken a spill this morning, which Steph at first thought was Jon being himself. Nope, it was Grandma - OH NO! She seemed okay, but one can never really tell with old people. Talked about Chilliwack, Vivian S., mock interview questions (Tuesday in Langley for Steph!), and more - Jon had been at the Whip yesterday with Jeremy, so I'm not surprised. Phil was the speaker today, and shared some memories of his grandma as she slid into dementia and such (pumpkin pie and sweet stuff) - that made me tear up, which I think will make me a wreck tomorrow at the funeral. Maybe not, but then Grandma wasn't even my own grandmother, and I guess I felt really warmly about her. Hugged Uncle Peter after talking to Anthony about avoiding job burnout and stress / screaming at the boss... yes, I'll miss Grandma for sure! Talked to Hannah and Priscilla briefly before asking Emily L. how Awana was - apparently, they'd had a really long practice with the kids yesterday. Waved to Randal, and talked to Maxine and her son Keenan. Sure, kid, let Mommy and Daddy break their backs while walking you around! He and his brother are so cute! Told Anthony that Keenan was about one, and Joshua wasn't quite two and a half. I know Keenan likes my Santa hat, for sure! Said hi to Auntie Esther - her sons Wesley and Chris are coming back really soon!

After service was over and we found out that Joe Wu's grandma passed away too, I saw Anita T. and Tracy - talked to them both briefly, as is my wont to make people feel welcomed home, heh. Anita's back for a month, and Tracy's back till the 30th - definitely good to see them! Went outside and said hi to Dylan before he rushed off to Broadway Church. Discussed the cold / twenty whole minutes for 7-11 coffee / skirts with Grace before she and Margaret went to Sev. Talked to Jeremy / Calla / Martin about bathing in beer or vodka, Greyhound bus drives, cheap flights from Toronto, very short flights (between the Hawaiian islands, here to Kelowna) which are 45 minutes to an hour and a bit (why bother serving meals when all you're going to do is ascend and descend pretty much straight away?), the date-rape drug being found in any saponified (unnatural) soap, whiskey, our Saturdays, the "best beer festival ever," Christmas plans, and other stuff. Then I saw Billy and Stella with their new baby and Benjamin in tow, so went to talk to them for a bit. Ben's not so bad with the jealousy as his dad thought he'd be, but I guess it's still early days yet since the baby's only a week old. Talked about his dad and uncles teaching him wrestling moves already (from the Ultimate Fighting Championship?!), and my sister told him that he could have someone to play with! Went to say hi to Hannah, Lily, and Lee - then said hi to Mike and Emily, who were waiting for Angus and Melia. Said hi to Melia and Eunice, then wondered to Angus why people were touching his coat and exclaiming over it - it's new, I guess. Greeted Uncle Sam briefly, and Eric said hi - things are going all right, thanks. Hugged Darren hello (he got in at 4:30 AM, and then was *told* he'd be playing for a service!), and did the same with his sister Erin - OF COURSE I'M IN FOR SHABUSEN ON SATURDAY!

Went to Sunday School, where Auntie Bessy gave us an Etch-A-Sketch and wondered when we could clean / throw away / re-organize the toys in the toddler room. No idea here, but I have no real plans - I may need to revise that, as my holiday schedule is filling up fast! Helped Brandon make approximately 20 Play-Doh gingerbread men, then helped him and his brother Terence in the washroom. They seemed enchanted by the "hay" for the manger, which was really wrapping string for gifts, haha. After that, I went outside to see Samantha being chased around by the younger kids - oh no! Waved hi to Andrew (who just asked how I was, on Facebook), asked Vivian for a gingerbread man, told Nathan that I did indeed eat the head first, said hi to Auntie Ping, and greeted Cindy and Chrystal while explaining Advent calendars to Ethan. Waved to Quan, Hien, and David - they found stuff QUITE funny at Pho lunch, apparently! It's good to hear Hien laugh loudly, especially! I asked what was so hilarious; they and Joyce just laughed and wouldn't tell me much. Rich said it was like people's eating habits and other normal stuff... SURE, Richie Rich! :P (he also said I could get a ticket from my sister for Friday's dinner - sure!)

Stanley offered me some Christmas M&Ms from this big tin that Grace gave him, and I heard Margaret playing someone's trumpet. Said hi to Dave's mom on the inside stairs - of COURSE I'll come over for Christmas Eve dinner, since it'll be good to see Dave again! (Tiffany's going away for two months, and obviously wants to see her family this year - she was here last year!) Always a good time over there, for sure. Went outside to hug Julie goodbye, as she's going to San Francisco for a while. Listened to Jon, Christon, Sheena, and Chalaine talk about possible cooking ideas (Curry, this time left overnight to let the flavors absorb? Stew? Recipes that Chalaine hasn't tried yet?) Eventually, my family decided to go to Pho. Spent some time briefly talking to Danielle about her parents getting into town and life being crazy, and thanked Vanessa for giving stuff to her dad for me. Went into the restaurant, where Steph thought I'd be talking to guys - no, but I was around them, sure. I only greeted Ivan for two seconds right before I came in, and the guys who were around me / Danielle / Vanessa (Ivan / Sam / his brother) are way too young for me anyhow! :P

Erin came to talk to us when Jon left our table to discuss stuff with the guys: her boyfriend's in town attending his brother's church, and will meet her family tonight. Of course he's nervous; I would be too, given the same situation! She asked how my own boyfriend was, and I said he was doing pretty well. Too bad he can't really come for Christmas or New Year's Day since he has this really bad schedule! She told me that Steph's Facebook video of me was a good one - I hoped that one had DIED, but apparently it got a resurrection from Steph deciding to put things on an external hard drive! It is the one that Jon saw on her Xanga, so he's not missing much there. I guess I'll have to see when Steph puts up certain other videos on there... AIYA. o_O

Figured that I might have to bus it out to church on Friday since we're unsure what Ivan is doing, so I'll see what happens! Ah, the miracle of Facebook wall posts! Talked about stress, moms effectively widowed if not in actuality, plans, sushi, and more. Told Jeremy that I'd finally tried his recommendation of #29 (the beef stew is GOOD!), and wished him a good trip to Kelowna since I won't see him till later. Returned to church briefly, and talked to Jason L. for a bit - SO GOOD TO SEE HIM! Went home briefly to decide what would be more appropriate funeral wear - no Santa hat, Variety shirt, or even beige shoes! Now I'm here at the townhouse - I shot off a quick email, and am now enjoying life. Kinda. :P(found out that the lards are going on another Zion cruise to Europe in May, hahaha)


My dad also just walked in here, and wondered what I was doing on his computer on the third floor. Good thing there wasn't anything incriminating on the screen! Phew! Cindy and Dylan sent us email about Maxine's thank-you card for our nursery toy sanitizing job a while back - she got all the parents and kids to sign it, so it must be cute! Kimberly and Charlotte both added me on Facebook too - yay!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home