Saturday, November 24, 2007

She may have a hairy Assyrian uncle, but don't go all SPARTA!!!! on him...

Before I went to Awana this afternoon, I spent time updating my Facebook visual bookshelf - Raymond had reminded me about that yesterday when he brought it up. Added a lot of books, with more to come since I *do* read a lot! When Ada picked me up, Ian was eating Frosted Flakes out of the little boxes I remember from years ago. He said hi to me, only adding my name at his parents' prompting... then asked about my Christmas hat - it's close enough to December for wearing purposes, I guess. I don't expect a response from Sean when I say hi to him, but maybe he was sleeping since they'd had brunch earlier. (Ian also ate a granola bar) I napped for a very brief time, too. Since they weren't going to the dinner, I got a ride home from Auntie Rebecca so I was able to make it to that event. Amos, Jason, and I looked at the grey box with shelves - they'd put the red / green / blue jewels back only last week, and already they were all over the place They thought someone was pranking us, so I decided to get Ziploc bags for them - luckily, Amos found smaller half-size ones that we use for the kids' Awana dollars. (I knew they were around, but happened on the bigger sandwich ones first!) Hopefully, that'll keep the jewels safe if the bags are properly closed! Jason saw the backing paper for an emblem, rolled it up, and pretended it was a joint - good thing the kids weren't looking at him!

Andrew showed me a cellphone picture of him with "sexy hair" - he asked whether I thought it was sexy hair, and I had to say that it certainly looked different! Spiked as usual, but with hairspray and such - interesting teens, for sure! While getting information for a membership card / asking about our charter number / noting that Shangguan was a cool last name (yay for Sean S. and Conor!) / asking how Chrystal's name was spelled, Amos said that a kid's address HAD to be located in Vancouver or its environs because the phone number had the 604 area code! Since I couldn't tell whether he was joking, I added: "Yo, it could be outside of Vancouver! I know someone in CHILLIWACK whose phone number starts with 604, man. Although I *do* have to dial the 1 before the number since it's long-distance..." Then Jason told me that his brother thought crystal was a mineral and not a rock... we love Amos, but that's not true! Then he came up with an idea - instead of giving the kids Awana dollars, they should have a preset number (160?) and use a swipe card for store purchases and such! So high-tech, Auntie Vivian exclaimed! I confused Julie with her sister Elaine - AIYA! Then Julie asked to borrow my calculator so she could explain something about molarity and moles to Sarah - I remember those days in Chemistry, and they weren't fun!

As Auntie Vivian was going through the kids' folders, she noticed that Samantha was 18 - someone probably wrote that as a joke. (I wonder if I'll have to be her human shield again tomorrow) After the meeting, we went to have Pizza Hut pizza and salad for dinner. Dad came upstairs to get something from his new office, and wondered why the salad wasn't moving (being eaten) - Mike, Joey, and I told him that we all liked the pizza instead, hahaha! Joey even tried tempting him with the cheese inside an otherwise empty pizza box, and got ignored for his trouble! I shared stuff with Margaret (who hates pepperoni), Auntie Rebecca, Emily (cute yellow Photoshop shirt that Mike made - Mike, Emily, animals, etc.), Lanie (sweet purple top!), Winnie (haircut!), Hilary, and Chrystal. Sean can be pretty non-responsive at times because of his condition (pushing Conor off a chair that HE wanted?!), and Eric's the only one that seems to get through to him. (I did that briefly, which is sweet) Winnie says people can't take pictures in Artona's reception area, yet they do anyhow even if things are copyrighted. Lots of people looking pretty / handsome for grad and such, so why not? I can understand the copyright thing too, though. Luke can only understand Mandarin and a very little bit of English - I went through that communication problem when he and his older brother John were in the toddler class, too.

When Melia said that her hairy ancient Assyrian uncle was coming to her and Angus' wedding, Mike wanted to go all 300 on him - Melia said that it would be a BAD idea! She reminisced about how her grandma would make her and Phil ice cream floats for breakfast before school... that had to have been pretty awesome! (I remember when my mom would let us have biscuits and such as breakfast before school - I LOVED THAT!) Discussed ethnic minorities in our eventual multicultural church (Auntie Rebecca noticed someone for sure!), Harmony in Toronto (Jon just went back for Alan and Liz's wedding!), having the house to yourself, Teresa getting into Trinity to study theology, service to others, the pompom on my Santa hat (Vanessa said that Jon's toque needed one!), Hong Kong jet lag, Genevieve, Tim's birthday party, wonton at Tsim Chai, Eric / Jeremy's feelings about being the only white people in our Chinese church, and Auntie Rebecca's Group Dynamics class back in England. (she could NOT understand everyone's slang and jokes, so kept quiet) Good times, for sure! I was tired when I got home, but figured I'd stay up to blog and possibly do stuff on Facebook - THEN it'll be time for sleeping. If I took a nap just before 9 and got up whenever, I'd find it harder to awaken tomorrow morning... that is NOT what I want! Am discussing fanfiction in Chinese / Taiwanese stores, movie downloads, falling asleep, sarcasm, editing out character names and changing it to Harry Potter, and icons with Corey now... yay for that too!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home