Saturday, November 24, 2007

Of course your breath shows up since it's warmer than the COLD air!

Andrea started a Gmail chat session with me this afternoon, but she thought I was Karen Choo or Karen Lew for some reason - heh, mistakes happen! Just after I called Eric to determine where he was (on his way, and he'd been navigating his contact list when I called), Korey returned a call I'd placed early in the afternoon. He was surprised that I was still home, and said that Eric and I would be late - true, but there wasn't much we could do about it at 7:25! On the way to Fellowship, Eric said that I'd cause craziness during the Fellowship program and that I was a troublemaker - I don't think so! He thought our family birthday dinner for Jon was a bit early; I wasn't available on Tuesday, Steph went to the States on Thursday (and was surprisingly home at 11:15 since they got tired of shopping - we'd just heard a news report where the border wait northbound was 2.5 to 3 hours!), Friday was Fellowship, and I have the Awana Leader Dinner on Saturday. Anything earlier than Tuesday would have been ridiculous since his birthday's on Sunday, haha! Eric went to Pilgrims to get birthday cards while fielding calls from Dylan as he was driving, but the store was actually CLOSED before 8 despite what it stated on their webpage about Friday's closing hour being 9! Remarked on Beefway Meats - I remember passing there every Awana Saturday to pick up Jordan in 2001-2002! Got to church and waved hi to Vivian while greeting Calla.

There was black forest cake for Pastor John's birthday / welcome, so almost everyone partook of some. Jeremy said he didn't want a huge piece which went to me, since he'd had a large #29 stew from Pho as his dinner - I should try that one of these days! The large bowls are filling; when you add the "stew" part to it, that certainly seems like a huge enough dinner even for one whose metabolism burns pretty quickly! Asked him about the brainstorm ingredients for Sunday, and said that Dylan didn't want to go once he saw those since he thinks the meat dish will involve haggis. Jeremy said that some of the curry ingredients would be hard to find (like tamarind), especially since it wasn't going to be made from curry powder! Dylan happened by just at that juncture, and reiterated that he'd already told me how he felt about those ideas - NO RAW DOG, PLEASE! (although Jon really does want haggis - AIYA!) Jeremy said that they were mainly joking, even with the bitter melon cheesecake - Calla said that she probably won't go because of working in the field. (wells at Granville / 41st?) I remembered how Jon had told Steph that it would look weird if she didn't go (she usually never goes to these things), and Calla joked that Steph had been commanded to go. Hahaha, maybe. Went to the bathroom later and encountered Andrea L. there, so we talked briefly - she's looking forward to Christmas, for sure! (too busy with school)

The Nehemiah JEOPARDY game was interesting and sorta competitive, haha. Alan said that we'd won, and that was all that counted... Jeremy was preoccupied with the Dung Gate, and wondered what Bill Clinton's scandal had been called. ("the scandals all end with GATE like Watergate does!") Later, I talked to Raymond about the First Baptist Church and cooking food - gotta wear your glasses to keep from crying if you peel onions! We discussed Eric / Shanghai Wind / upscale stuff vs. hole-in-the-wall atmosphere / Facebook briefly, and he's added me on there already - sweet! I flagged down Karen Choo to ask how she was: we'll figure out something when she looks at her schedule - she feels bad that I have to travel that far and not have a ride back since she's rushing between appointments and such, but I do have to do some mall shopping anyhow! Talked briefly to Cindy and Dianne about turkey / tryptophan / cheddar cheese, then went upstairs to see what was going on. Christon said that my brother was there, and I saw him in his "Reese's Pieces" toque - nice description, Vanessa! I perhaps will wear my Santa hat on Sunday, though it's not quite December yet - oh well, it's not like a house on 41st with a huge Christmas Santa / snowman display out already as of earlier in the week! Talked to Isabel and Emily, answered Danielle's inquiry as to how it was going, stopped Stanley from sneaking up on a napping Jessica with his guitar, told Daniel and others that there was half a cake downstairs in the kitchen (Vivian did it first), and told Jason W. that I might attend the dinner tomorrow. (of course we'll go to Awana, but aren't sure about the dinner!)

Went back downstairs to see Vanessa taking pictures of cake-eating Sam, Joey, Ivan, and Daniel. Sam seriously looked like he had dental problems because of the red cherry jelly filling! I said hi to Angus, who said that he needed a personal assistant because he always responded to Facebook wall posts in his head, but not on the person's actual wall. Vanessa thought that was amusing! Nathan told Jon about the wall comment he posted on Harmony's: "Hi, Harmony! When are you coming to Vancouver to visit? I hear Jon crying in the night - he's SUFFERING without you here!" Jon laughed at that, and I told him that speaking of such, I'd shown her the Booty Logo in photo form - she'd told him, and he thinks I get maniacal and not just gleeful when I draw it. Haha, it's my prerogative! Asked Sam if he were going to McDonalds with Mike and whoever else, but he was unsure. Saw Juliana in the kitchen, so said hi briefly. Rich reminded us that it was 10:30 and we had to leave - it's too cold to loiter outside, but that's what we have to do! Jeremy and Calla were discussing methane and heating the athletes' village at the Olympics, as well as landfills and such. (the church construction site is crazy with sewage pipes, apparently!) Pastor John says that his wife Karmie and daughter Hannah would like the leftover cake, but his son Josiah won't since he seems to like chips better as snacks even if he's not a snack person in general. (the kid will be healthier, for sure!)

I went outside after a bit to discover Sam saying that he couldn't get over the fact that his breath actually showed up in the cold winter air... well, the COLD air beats your warm breath! After discussing snowboarding vs, skiing and wiping out (night skiing - drivers?!), Vanessa asked Ivan for a proper scientific explanation, which we artsy types dismissed as not important - maybe globalization and such would be better, at least according to Jon! He mentioned something about a vegetarian restaurant lunch, and assumed that Eric / Nathan / I would go since we never really respond to the Sunday dinner invites. (he can at least count on us even though there should be some others at Jeremy's to help cook and eat...) On the way home, we talked about steamy windows / being dorks / Eric's frustrating radio / St. Louis / Kieran being home for US Thanksgiving / chilling / prepaying for gas / cigarettes from $5.99 / my being relegated to the backseat / Dallas probably being at Jeremy's for that dinner / my having Dallas' kimchi dishes since August / the ESC Christmas Celebration on December 21 / snacks. Good times, for sure!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home