Sunday, July 08, 2007

Butterscotch sundaes and curious oddities

I had an unexpected time out with my parents last night. We went to Chapters, where I used my mom's $25 gift card to get Ripley's Believe It or Not: Curioddities. While I was reading a book full of embarrassing stories, my mom said that the aforementioned Ripley's book was the last one on the shelf. I'm always up for more weird stuff, and so of course I had to have it! Later, we went to Dairy Queen for some butterscotch sundaes and such - it was so drafty in there that my mom noticed me shivering. Dad also said that my beloved POISON! shirt was getting short in the sleeves - damn, and I always liked Jeremy's reaction to it to cheer me up from sudden redrum: "Leslie, I hate to tell you this, but you have SNAKES ON YOUR SHIRT!" I think my reaction would have been better had I not just been told by Eric that there was blood on my clothes. As it is, I just gave him a small wan smile - otherwise, I would have laughed like crazy. Oh well, guess that's one shirt they won't be seeing anymore! Mom also gave me some more blue towels and was going to get me other things, but left them at home. No, she should not give underwear to Auntie Eva, haha. That would be really bad!

On another note, I'm glad that certain people I know are there for me. I'm lucky to have such great friends, even though trust is something we're developing! For various reasons, I may even be huggy at church today. Too bad Eric T. isn't around since he gave me a surprise hug in April 2005 right after Stephen and I got together (that was cool), and it's too bad little Jennifer L. and I don't talk much since she gave me a surprise hug sometime later! No, these are not the only two people I've hugged at church. Guess we'll see what happens! :P (might hug Dave at lunch, haha)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home