Sunday, June 17, 2007

You're so SERIOUS when you tell me you're almost six!

When my siblings and I got to church this morning, we saw Eric without Korey: apparently, he's not used to getting up so early, but he'd go to Sunday School. Went into the sanctuary and talked to Emily Lam for a bit: apparently, they'd spent an hour practicing the year-end songs with the kids yesterday. She wondered where I'd been, so I told her about Henry - I heard later from Auntie Vivian that he was tired. Then again, "next week" could mean the last Awana day - this Saturday! Hopefully, we can make it out to that one!

Talked to Randal for a bit before he went off somewhere very early in service: it turns out he got the "Sunday dinner hiatus" email, and is going to celebrate Father's Day tomorrow since the restaurants will be full today. Heh, at least he wished me a good morning! Dylan joined our pew, but then he went off to do something as well - so then it was just me and Jeremy not taking up much space in the extreme right of the pew. We shared his Bible (different translation!), laughs, and muted conversation about his cutting off threads on his shirt with pliers. ("... what the heck are you doing?!") Went to the back parking lot, and talked to Tony and Jeremy about mold on furniture (literally!) and customer service requiring a nasty side. Noticed little Joshua wandering around, so I asked him if he was looking for Mommy: he turned my way when I called his name - so smart! (he's almost two) Then again, I remember the Christmas 2005 potluck: Eric thought he'd responded to his calling his name when he was only a few months old. Smart kids! Said hi to Helen and little Nathaniel: his baby sister Abigail looks like she could beat him up one day, haha. (Sharon and Helen were talking about learning Mandarin / Cantonese terms from their patients, too)

Said hi to Phil, Grace (who's all settled in / unpacked thanks to Nathan and others), Jen, and Jeremy: almost as soon as I told Jeremy that I'd finally emailed him the link to the George Bush site and the chimp photos, he made some uncomplimentary remark... THEN IT STARTED RAINING! Jon marveled at the change in the weather while my sister adjusted my backpack straps and told me that I should have worn a raincoat or looked at a weather website before I left. (no time!) I decided to leave for the toddler Sunday School earlier than usual: Quan and Cordia opened the back door, and they were less than enthused when I told them that it had JUST started raining! (I also told Cordia that she and Mike had been discussing my favorite word on Friday - she LOVES the concept of throwing things out windows, haha!) Kept the kids amused by blowing gently on them, whirring toy pizza cutters, playing cars, showing them rainbow stickers, and being my usual self. Sean's brother Ian looked so serious when he told me that he was almost six and that his birthday was July 4, haha.

Talked to Amos and Andrew about how yesterday had gone: apparently, Andrew has finally gotten the message that they aren't allowed to eat anything during Awana. Hey, what better time than the second-to-last week? (haha) Amos says the crash course in doing my normal secretary duties is okay, and that the store only has a few more items - good! Went upstairs to see whether people were outside yet; not really. When I got back inside after offering a cracker to David, I saw Samantha / Rosanna / Ryan / Ethan terrorizing Mike by playing keep-away with his keys and wallet! Stanley, Sam, and Margaret stood around laughing while Rosanna tried to kick Mike in a very sensitive part of his anatomy: she's past the age where she doesn't know any better! (these kids are all six to eight years old) I tried to help by cornering Samantha near the kitchen: "I can prove that I'll give Mike's keys back to him!" Yeah right - just give them to me, okay? Had to pry her fingers off the keychain a few times before giving them to Mike over the kids' heads - those got quickly stuffed into his pocket! Rosanna tried grabbing them again, but his butt was NOT where his pockets were! Crazy stuff - then Stanley got Mike's wallet back from Ethan. After Mike thanked me, I headed outside again since this had eaten up a few minutes.

Saw Korey, who said that Eric had been over for a few hours last night - he thought I'd be mad that he called me at a late hour. Haha, it's all good since I didn't catch that call - at least he didn't seem mad that I had missed the call in the first place! Heard that Dylan, Vivian, Christon, Eric, Korey, Jeremy, and others were going to Boston Pizza for lunch... our own family headed to the Pho restaurant with Dallas. Little Christal and Wilson recognized me while we were waiting for a table, so I waved to them. My sibs, Dallas, and I discussed Melissa / Alan / Liz / Gilbert / people who weren't really fiancé(e)s / cancer / treatments / bus routes to church (99 and 9!) / birthday cards / the barbecue / Phil's bachelor party / Harmony / Fred / the maggot story / small fridges / lots of heavy items like rice and milk for one person. Good times, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home