Saturday, June 16, 2007

"He doesn't live with me - God bless email" / RED LOBSTER TARTAR SAUCE

Eric picked me up at about 7:25, and told me that the bad traffic was my fault. Yeah, I don't think so! We discussed that annoying Bookworm error (I explicitly told the thing to SAVE!), the CFL game (BC LIONS!), "less amount" of something that a commentator said (stupid errors!), orange, things somehow not working out in Vernon for Korey (so it's Kelowna / Kamloops instead in a few weeks - yay for his being at the barbecue next week!), tonight's plans, and our friends. When he told me that he was messing with my head, I decided to put on a mock attitude of "why me?": "You mess with my head, Corey messes with my head... what is WRONG with you dorks?!"

Of course, he thought I meant Korey since we were discussing him a few minutes earlier. (I had to say "your Korey" and "my Corey" since they sound the same when said out loud!) Haha, no... although Corey insists I'm cheating on him since my newest friend has a name that's spelled slightly differently than his! (and not Cory, either) Eric wondered how I could be cheating on Corey since I'm not with him in that way - don't ask me, I have NO idea! (maybe I'll ask him later if he's ever on - his sleep schedule is all over the place these days, I'm thinking!) I'm crazy and my mind is going since I mishear / misread a lot of stuff... at least hanging around the kids keeps me young! Eric says I'm only 30 and shouldn't be saying all these things - true, but I can feel my mind going! Yikes. :P

Pastor Edward directed us to next door when we got to the church - good thing, since we were about to go inside... and Eric had written the Fellowship email, too! Oh well, he'd eventually have remembered! Once next door, I said hi to Andrea / Peter / Raymond / others and took a seat next to Jeremy's stuff. Found out Peter's last name, which somehow reminds me of a person who used to go to our church a long time ago! (as well as Calla!) Signed a couple of birthday cards for Alan and Randal, and watched as Ivan told Jeremy how to work his digicam. He and Karen did a skit for Alan and Randal's birthdays, incorporating their way of speaking into a "secret identity" type of thing: Garbage Al wasn't Alex in that basketball game, haha. It was pretty funny! Afterwards, we all took a couple of pictures with the cake and new shirts - Alan wasn't there (despite saying he would be), so Kevin had to stand in for him, haha.

Karen asked me where Korey was since she'd gotten his favorite chip flavor (cheddar and beer?), so I told her that he wasn't feeling well. For some reason, she thought that he lived with me... haha, no. Of course I'll tell him that we had those chips, but not in a "HAHA... I WILL RUB IT IN" sort of way! Dylan asked me where Korey's aunt lived, and Karen told me that she'd been looking for me / us at the Pho restaurant earlier. If there wasn't a need for me to meet Eric at the usual place, it's easier for him to pick me up even with the traffic! People asked if Eric wanted cake, but he didn't since he can't eat it - Andrea said he was SO GOOD, haha. No cake, no Coke, no other things for him except some chips! (Dylan's going on the Grouse Grind tomorrow - the huge amount of chips he polished off will certainly help him - NOT!)

At Bible Study, our group combined with Frances and Raymond - yay for big tables! Raymond told us that he conducted prayer meetings at work: yes, very much against corporate policy! He doesn't know what will happen if they got caught... PM in emails, and various other careful measures have ensured their cover so far. Dylan said that he HAS to go camping on July 6, and I had to clarify Eric's answer as to whether he could lead Bible Study that time: YES! Since I couldn't find my stuff before I left the apartment, I got Eric's big Bible - those sidenotes are fun things to read! Corporate worship (whether with proselytes / converts or not) is important, for sure! (as well as lots of LOUD music - drums, smoke machines to simulate clouds covering the church, Eric's trumpet from Band, etc.)

We discussed various types of salad for next week (pasta / bean / Caesar / potato), having NO durian / bitter melon / other gross stuff to cover loopholes, Jeremy's jazz gig (I'll be fine next week with others!), Jeremy's family traditions, borscht night, hot pot night (not in the middle of summer), chilies, homemade Pho, "fusion" cuisine in Toronto, and whether I could shred lettuce for Caesar salad if Eric bought some - I can certainly try, since I did offer to help Andrea! Jeremy mentioned that he'd heard about some New Yorkers who didn't know when 9/11 happened: someone in a video was asking the average person on the street the day, month, and year of that event. ("Um... October 10, 2002?") Frances figured that they should know, of all people! Meh, maybe those stupid people move too much or something - or really succeed at forgetting about it entirely! Then there was the question of how many died in that event: 3000 people / 30,000 people / 3 million people. Everyone asked chose the last two options, haha. Could you even FIT 3 million people in those towers?! HAHAHA.

Then Frances said that this was the most she'd ever heard Jeremy speak - just get him going on the topics of food, beer, George Bush, and economics! Jeremy then made some uncomplimentary remark about George Bush, which Dylan was willing to let slide. Frances said that she'd seen a comic where various monkey faces were made to all look like George Bush, haha. I told Jeremy that I should send him the link to this George Bush quote site, and I agreed that some of those quotes are very scary! (this was in reference to the fact that Biblical leaders should be well-spoken... and not quarrelsome / pugnacious!) One of Frances' friends is currently taking up the bongo / conga drums, and we spent some time discussing the difference between those types. Later, Jeremy told me and Peter that McDonalds French fries seemed to repel mold for some reason: he'd seen a deleted scene from SUPERSIZE ME that featured an experiment with McDonalds fries and regular fries where the regular ones went bad within a week, and the McDonalds fries stayed identical throughout! Yuck!

I asked Randal what he was doing for his birthday, and he said he didn't know - his parents will take him to lunch or something. Karen suggested having a party again, but it's a Saturday AND Phil's wedding! She amended that to drinks after Fellowship the night before: I'm not sure if I'll go if such a thing comes to pass, but there's plenty of time to think about this hypothetical situation! Not sure when I should give him his gift, though - maybe the day before, too! (I just realized that Phil and Grace's wedding is the day before his ex Megan's birthday - haha, good times!) It was around this time that Eric found out that a worship practice tomorrow was at 8 AM instead of 2:30 since Emily couldn't make it - YIKES was pretty much Jeremy's reaction, too! To spite Eric, I should have gone back to the church with Jeremy even if I did help him with something else... oh well, Randal decided to check around the corner for stuff in the dark, hehe. Quirky humor IS him, no matter how he tries denying it! :P

After Eric and I said goodnight to Randal, we went back to the church and discussed various things with Citrus / Danielle / Vanessa / Stanley / Jon / Jeremy / Sam / Michelle. Steph wanted to go early because she was meeting a Toronto friend for bubble tea - he wants her to meet his fiancée, and he's only 19 or 20! She also told us that she was confused on the Skytrain because a lot of people were wearing orange, and she wasn't thinking about football - "Why are these people wearing orange for the GWEN STEFANI concert?" That reminded Eric about someone in our group being at the concert - he asked me who it was, and I momentarily couldn't remember - it was BILLY! Hahaha, you're a dad and shouldn't like that kind of thing! (but as Steph said, maybe Stella dragged him to the concert) Discussed Harmony's workout routine, bicep curls, excuses to check out the Ng muscles on our dad ("I want to see God's creation!"), tie pins, wedding season, the brain matter in UGANDA RISING, dropping off a Gamecube for Korey, gas prices (107.9 vs. 112.9), people taking a long time to pre-pay, sitting through a piano recital by Harmony, the indifferent / wounded relationship Steph has with the piano, magic mushrooms helping Harmony write (joke), steroids helping Harmony bulk up (another joke), birthday cards, Father's Day card (Steph will try to get one) / doings (we're so indecisive - but no sushi, crowds, loud places, etc. or he'll get cranky), Foundation (vegetarian stuff vs. big brunch), our family not needing to celebrate Father's Day the last few years (which could contribute to our not knowing what to do), Cordia and Mike talking about defenestration (YAY!), Eunice and hair, Christon checking email on Steph's laptop, etc. I also noticed a spelling error on a taxi while we were waiting at a red light: you'd think a taxi company would spellcheck their logo! (think "Coquitlam Taxi" with the T and L interchanged)

Eric asked Korey by phone how he was doing, and Korey must have asked him why he wondered that, because the next thing he said was: "Leslie told me that you're not feeling well." I had the irrational thought that Eric shouldn't have told Korey that - I know it's not reasonable to assume that Korey's going to be less than happy about my telling Eric about it, but it still flashed through my head for a second. Must still be the childhood conditioning, ugh. Then again, I only let Dylan / Peter / Karen / Eric know because Karen asked where Korey was... perfectly reasonable, for sure. Karen's misconception about his living with me was amusing, though - the only reason I knew why Korey wasn't there is because he emailed me! Hahaha, interesting! Now I'm just curious to see whether Henry will make it to Awana tomorrow or not - I will sit waiting for his phone call or lack of one, hehe. Steph says I shouldn't rely on him and that it's not his FAULT - I know, but I did talk to him last Sunday! (and the Sunday before that, we said hi: although I kinda felt like hugging him then because he suffered the loss of his great-grandma, I didn't since I don't know him THAT well!)


RED LOBSTER TARTAR SAUCE

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1 Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Sauces, Seafood

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1/2 cup Kraft's mayo
1/4 cups Sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons Miracle whip salad dressing
1 tablespoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Dry minced parsley
1/4 teaspoon Onion powder

Mix all and store in the fridge.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home