Saturday, May 12, 2007

Strawberry trees would cost way more than a million dollars!

I met Eric just on time today, and he asked me whether I'd done certain things on the cruise: definitely not! We listened to the Ducks-Red Wings hockey game while discussing food plans for tonight - I didn't have anything planned, so he got a sub combo from Chicago Subs while I figured I'd have Pho. Turns out Dianne had the same Pho thoughts as I did, only we had pizza and the chocolate fondue fountain refreshments for dinner instead! Jon seemed disappointed that there was no broccoli - well, good! Eric asked me if I was going to talk to certain people tonight, and I said I would quite possibly do so. I complained about the clock CHUNK noise in the Accord when it changed minutes: yes, I've been in the car many times, but that doesn't mean I'm used to the noise! (although perhaps I should be...) Discussed 24 recordings (seems like I'll have to go to DAILY MOTION for previous episodes), being nice to people, friends, and other varied topics such as craziness. Hey, he knows I'm like that whether he likes it or not! :P

Got to church and Karen offered me some of her pizza / the church Diet Coke in the kitchen, so went there to talk to Vivian / Sheena / Andrea / Jen as they were preparing strawberries. Vivian's sister had slept for pretty much the whole afternoon, so Viv and I told the others about the cruise. Later, we made Chrystal guess how much stuff we'd ordered for dinner yesterday. Got out of the kitchen and waved hi to Jeremy while talking to Christon about his busy week and Bible Study. Joey passed by, so I gave him his birthday card while telling him that I'd heard about his birthday gift - Steph could be there if she weren't too tired! (she wasn't, as it turned out) Gave Eric and Jeremy their postcards a little later, and Dawn was surprised when she received hers! Jeremy said that we could project the Powerpoint words off Eric's body as a screen - that would definitely be funny, and I had to laugh when he looked at me, haha. Then there was the moaning spirit in the apple cider kettle - that thing was certainly noisy! Darren was sad he couldn't participate: as Jeremy said, he grew older every two seconds when that word was said! ("OLDER!")

There were a lot of people in the basement since three fellowships were together for a talk by Pastor Edward, heh. It included a tale of disembowelment and musings on how a strawberry tree could cost a million dollars - Jeremy pointed out that it would probably be more like fifty million dollars since they usually grew on bushes, and grafting COULD be involved too. Afterwards, I busied myself in talking to Henry / Benedict / Chris L. / Danny about tomorrow's Awana outing - Henry is going, but didn't know where the park was. The guys gave him directions, wondered about other rides for Chris' sister, and asked around for sponges and buckets. Told Benedict that Jon had dipped broccoli in the chocolate fondue last time we had it - no one dared him to, and Chris thought that was gross! (so did Isabel and Sarah when they saw it that time!) Asked Benedict how it had gone last week: only two guy Sparky leaders in him and Danny, and a bunch of people had been away at camp too: interesting situation with so few people! Chris wanted to know if he could count on me for the sponges - as long as they hold water (they're practically new!) and I don't mind them being possibly trashed afterwards (I don't), then of course he can! In fact, I put them in a bag as soon as I got home - I definitely won't forget those necessary game items! That means I have to buy some more sponges for personal use since I have four left, but that's all right! Yelled at Henry to call me, and he gave me a thumbs-up signal - man, the basement was noisy! If it turns out he wakes me up (since I'm probably THAT tired), then so be it.

Eric bugged me about duty-free alcohol in the back of the church sanctuary, but I didn't buy it! Cordia was wheeling around on a table: great transportation, but you have to be careful of people behind you. Told various people about the cruise and all that eating! (no zoo for us!) People were talking about Facebook and how you could spend a lot of time stalking people on there, and Dylan told Jon about how last Sunday's worship was riddled with mistakes and glitches - Jon found it pretty funny! Janette told Nathan about her trip to China and Mexico, so he told her to watch out for the prostitutes in hotels. Not that he thinks she's a male or attracted to females, but the caution can be good! Stanley, Vivian, and others were discussing French / Quebec / separatists for a while. Jon told Jen about some Night of the Proms concert with English music that Auntie Bea had invited him to - she IS a pretty cool person! Told Angus to be careful of his clothing since some chocolate had landed on it - Rich noticed that some had landed in the wooden sticks, oops. Danielle complained that Citrus was ignoring her, so we told her to make a video game of herself... that MIGHT work, haha.

Jeremy asked about the cigars at the cruise ship store since I'd mentioned that in my postcard to him - not sure they had Dominican Republic cigars, but I did do a nice imitation of my mom wondering about his cigar preferences! He can tell her himself on Sunday if he wants, haha. Later, I showed him how she'd flirted with the liquor store guy unknowingly - yeah, it's easy to do for some people! We figured that Nathan wouldn't be doing anything for Mother's Day besides reflection and packing since he leaves soon! When Stanley finally kicked us out, we loitered outside instead - that surprised Christon when he and Sheena left the building a couple minutes later! Jon, Eric, and I encountered Jen smoking in back of the church - she shared that her move-out plans had been delayed because she now has no job due to mistakes. Man, that sucks!

On the way home, Jon mentioned that the Night Market is starting up again - maybe Harmony would like to go while she's in town starting from next Friday. We discussed terrible gas prices (122.9), Mom's inappropriate remarks, Eric's committee meeting on the 14th (I'm definitely not going over then!), the finale dinner, mishearings, cherry lozenges / gum, the Foundation / reservations / Mother's Day / vegetarians, prayer meeting, knives, Bible Study outings in two weeks, future movie nights, Martin, apple cider, and other stuff. Heh, I was giddy with craziness - sponges and weird stuff, haha. Learned that Eric had been at work till 3:30 AM on Saturday morning last week! Since he doesn't get overtime, he'll see if he can get a (half-) day off work sometime in the future - he'd better get it, hah. Guess I'll have to wait till Sunday to see if I can give SOMEONE his postcard, and maybe ask him something else too! The previous 24 episode is even more important to me now I'm not going over on Monday! (because Eric won't be there and I need ride assurance - as for that weekend, I'll see about Eric ruining it... I could stay home then too! :P):17

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home