Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Parental accompaniment on honeymoons is gross, unless they pay for it!

We participated in the "Fishing For Quackers" dam dollar event today: dangling a fishing hook from a staircase is harder than it looks. Then you suffer an additional blow to your dignity by doing something else (yodeling across the atrium, a "bingo bongo booty dance," cartwheels, handstands, etc.) to earn extra dollars - oh well. Borrowed a book on the Green River Killer from the library, which didn't impress my sister, haha. It was formal night too, and we saw a cute guide dog who knew to look right at the photographer's camera - he was especially cute because of his blue ribbon around his neck! Reminds me that our luggage has yellow ribbon to distinguish it from everyone else's, haha. Lots of shiny glittery clothing on display tonight!

Mom went to the liquor store again, and noticed some cigars. She wanted to get them for Jeremy (no tax or duty!), but wasn't sure what he liked. Later, my sister and I were discussing those HUGE cartons of cigarettes - not getting them for Jen, that's for sure! (no encouraging the habit) We saw some three-litre bottle of rye, some Black Label whiskey, and a lot of Bailey's: original, mint chocolate, and caramel flavors! There was no lemon meringue pie, despite it being on the menu: three small squares of cheesecake it was, then! (of course I got that - CHEESECAKE will make up for yesterday's cake disappointment!) We saw the Pinnacle Grill on a kitchen tour after breakfast - too bad Steph didn't bring her camera!

We learned that my parents had my grandma accompany them on their honeymoon AND stay in the same room, and we were like "What?! I'd ask for privacy even if she's overprotective and afraid in foreign surroundings! MAYBE if they're paying for it!" (overprotective = dressing Mom in nine layers of clothing every day, for example) That reminded Karen and Steph of what they'd discussed in Sunday School once, so I asked them about it for my and Vivian's benefit. Apparently, Jewish weddings used to involve the newlyweds going into a room where they could consummate their marriage: the best man was stationed outside to listen for certain things, and then announce to everyone else WHEN he heard them! EWWWWWWW! o_O

There were ice sculptures outside the formal dining room, and Mom asked: "Is that a eunuch?" No, it's a UNICORN! We explained what a eunuch's function was to the king, and told her that it was very different from a unicorn! The show tonight was SOUTHERN NIGHTS - yay for Lynyrd Skynyrd (Sweet Home Alabama) and another song I knew! (not the saints marching in!) Later, Steph and I saw Chicago on TV - I think Jon still wants to borrow that from Holly, heh. (he's apparently sleeping over at Nathan's before he has to pick us up on Friday) Saw some "dam shirts" which were my style - however, I got some $5 shirt instead courtesy of my mom. It still has the ship on it, though! There was even a towel elephant in our room when we got back from the evening's activities - so cute! Viv likes formal dining and being pampered, so we didn't see her at lunch today. It's all good if you do some exercise, haha... I should, since I don't want (borderline) diabetes at my mom's age or any age!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home