Tuesday, March 20, 2007

''I tripped over your ineptitude, because it was cold as ice!" / Mrs. Fields Choconut Macaroons

Mom picked me up after her work to take me to the townhouse. However, she was so caught up in talking about her most recent obsession (I'm not telling her if I like one person better than another!) that she missed the turn to get there... we went to Super Grocer instead, where I haven't been since Nathan's birthday a couple years ago. Then we went to the townhouse, where I had dou mew and some rice for dinner - plus duck wings. (I noticed some Crest Wild Expressions Bursting Bubblegum toothpaste in the bathroom - awesome!) Mom seemed to think that I could stay for dinner tomorrow if Dallas and Vivian were coming over, but I don't think I will since I have stuff I need to do at home after the glasses place / lunch / my dentist appointment. I might change my mind, though likely not. I also told her that she couldn't sit on the couch since Steph, Eric, and I usually sat there for our Monday TV viewing! (I can predict what certain people will do at the finale dinner, yikes!)

Eric came over just as 24 started, and Steph was a few minutes late: "Someone's going to die now!" He later tried to facial me, but didn't really do so - good thing, too! We talked about checking blogs / certain posts, people at church, invitations, how Mom wants her kids to get married and provide grandchildren for her (not happening anytime soon!), Alan and Liz getting engaged (Dylan loved that news!), and how I should step up my pace at certain things - I DON'T THINK SO! Personally, I couldn't care less what certain people are going to do in the interim - certain others are going to think they're really pushy or worse, and I don't want that! Eric asked how the "girl talk" was yesterday at Pho - it wasn't really girl talk, but I guess it was sorta like that if we practised gender segregation!

As for the actual episode of 24, it was intense: the music was right on track! Moles, Nadia getting tortured, Milo not saying that she used his login password stuff although Chloe ranted at both of them for it (Muslim profiling!), Audrey Raines being "dead" in China (lovely photos!), Doyle sucking, the VP wanting to blow everything up, Tom and Karen fighting once again ("I tripped over your ineptitude, Karen!"), "Nuclear Bomb Simulation 2007" in an incredibly bright green room, Chloe kissing Morris to check his breath, etc. Jon has a hands-free device from Steph now, so he came out of his room at one point during the episode and spoiled a very little bit for Harmony: "Yeah, Fayed's doing some control of a drone... oh wait, my sister says that's some other bald Russian guy." She didn't want to hear any more, haha.

Then we watched CSI: Miami, which involved triplets and a body double - so complicated! You can cover for each other at school, and in a game that requires the wife to make a baby and such, but DNA and blood tests will win out! Horatio's one-liner: "It's as cold as ice." (this woman shot her triplet's husband when champagne corks popped, causing him to fly out the balcony window and impale himself on a sharp ice sculpture!) Later, Jon and I drove Steph to Vivian's because she'd dropped her off before going back home to study. I didn't need to go, but I went for space reasons. ;) (not "freezing" without a jacket / coat if it's 10 degrees) Then we ate guavas, pears, oranges, and other stuff before our parents went to bed - watched the news, and there was some CREEPY guy (and his son) who murdered a 14-year-old girl.. he didn't look trustworthy AT ALL. Read some CHRISTIANITY TODAY, then decided to blog before bed - I'm not even tired, and I have to get up at a certain time tomorrow! That's gonna kill me, all right... oh well, the rest of the week LOOKS to be chill. :D


Mrs. Fields Choconut Macaroons

Categories: Cookies
Yield: 20 servings

1/4 cups Sugar
2 tablespoons Pure almond paste
1 cup Shredded sweetened coconut
1/3 cup Mini semisweet chocolate chips
3 large Egg whites
1/2 teaspoon Cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine almond paste and sugar in a medium bowl. Using your fingers, work paste into sugar completely. Add coconut and chocolate chips, and stir to combine. In a clean medium-sized bowl, beat egg whites until fluffy, using absolutely clean beaters. Add cream of tartar, and beat on high until stiff peaks form. Add half of beaten egg whites to coconut mixture, and combine to lighten. Fold in remaining whites gently, being careful not to deflate. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake 20 minutes until tops are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets before transferring cookies to a cool surface.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home