Saturday, March 03, 2007

Cackling and Purell are NOT connected!

Got to our meeting place late, but there's no way I'm leaving 15 minutes earlier to save 30 seconds of running time for the bus! Stupid Translink site is on crack... I told Eric that as soon as I got in the car, and he thought I was talking about myself. YOU WISH! I also brought out my Purell; contrary to what Eric seemed to think, it was RASPBERRY smell and not PUTRID-smelling! Then I cackled, so he thought the two were connected: no, I just thought of something funny when I had to kill all the germs I encountered on my way there! (especially since I'm still sick) We talked about a certain subject: I am SO not going there, dude! He complained about some car with its emergency lights on blocking a lane of traffic - SO DARNED SLOW before we went to get gas! Listened to some hockey coverage on Team 1040 before he asked if I'd blogged about any cool interesting craziness this week: nope, since I was sick with what I had! He asked what that was, so I told him exactly what that was.

As we neared the church, he asked me about what I'd said before I hung up this afternoon: "How am I going to eat a banana?" Oh, you'll see... I gave him the banana when we walked into church, even as he tried to argue that he had no time (even 10 seconds) to stuff his face with such things. Yes, you do because I SAY SO! He went back out since he forgot his wallet in the car, so I went out with him because I was going to have some Pho. Ended up having a large bowl instead of a small, but that was fine since I probably needed it with the red spicy sauce! Saw Dylan there with a bunch of papers in front of him - Eric later explained that he had to wake up at 6 to do some testing. Once I got back to church after dinner, Resonate set-up / tuning was in full swing. Stanley pointed out that the yellow "Welcome To Resonate!" graphic looked fine on the overhead projector screen, but was GOLD on the laptop... coolness! (I had to see it for myself)

Waved hi to Cordia and Danielle, and asked Christon about the tapes - Sunday it is! Dad passed me on his way out and didn't seem impressed with my choice of reading. Hey, true crime should be read about in the church because some of it happens in that setting, haha! Then Randal tried to squeeze by me: I wasn't having any of that, so moved over instead. We talked about murder, days off, and his weekend before Resonate started officially. Talked to Andrea, Chuck (who leaves tomorrow), Raymond, Nathan, and some more to Randal: Why the heck can't I just say stuff out loud instead of keeping it to myself? I have NO idea... oh well. Jon's first talk in front of people he knows (or anywhere, on Rev. 3) went pretty well, and of course he managed to slip in references to Danielle's bandwagon tendencies when it comes to the Edmonton Oilers! Certainly gave me some stuff to think about, for sure. Stanley and Jeremy found something pretty funny during the beginning, and "being hotter for God!" made everyone laugh / cringe. (Jon: "Is my fly down? *checks* No...") Eric's yellow Powerpoint directions for YOU ARE HOLY were hilarious to us for some reason: yes, we need switching reminders!

Steph's service auction descriptions were funny as well, though she might want to tone it down for Sunday morning! She later found it curious why Randal hadn't asked her about her laser eye surgery directly, instead choosing to ask me... *shrug* It was during the middle of Resonate, and I was right there? Eh, I dunno... whatever works and is more expedient! I can just imagine him flagging her down in the middle of the announcements and asking that: SAVE IT FOR LATER, haha. Cordia played some anime music on the piano, and Vanessa thought it sounded pretty. (Quan and Joyce weren't there tonight for some reason!) Talked to Daniel about photos and his dad's insistence on paying for everything even if they weren't with him: he / Nathan / Michelle bumped into him at T&T once. Dad insisted on paying for some buns (NO, NOT NECESSARY!), so they ditched him and came back an hour later, thinking he was gone. Nope, he was still there!

I had a strudel / apple turnover later even though I probably shouldn't have... but they were pretty good, as were the grapes! Healthy stuff, as Janette described it. Vania and I both wanted to know what Martin meant when he said he had a weird week - "let's say God has a good sense of humor" isn't going to cut it, dude! Joey came in later from an accounting exam that he had seriously failed: 29 out of 60, ouch! Asked Steph to pour me some orange juice for cold prevention / healing with the Vitamin C: she didn't look too impressed! Looked at the service auction items on offer, and someone said that Steph could buy bread / rice / potatoes / starchy items for her "pound of food for the Food Bank for every dollar donated" item. Someone joked around about heavy glass / metal containers, and someone else suggested treats. She COULD have done "0.1 pound of food for every dollar," but that would have looked kinda cheap - the Chinese congregation will probably go wild for certain items, haha. (house cleaning? music lessons?) Randal just doesn't want to be outbid on "his" hand cream for cracked skin, so good luck on that.

Talked to Jeremy briefly - he'd biked there, and also got a cold this week. Not much else to say beyond that, haha. Some of us talked about a certain TV show... the President isn't going to be dead, no way! Steph talked about the hockey pool with Sam, Joey, Darren, Mike, and others - lots of stuff to do before the trade freeze / deadline! Talked to Andrea and Connie, who had gone up to thank Jon for his message. Connie says Jenny's in Washington (DC) for some residents' course, and missed the first day because of the big snow dump there: imagine getting a phone call at 4 AM saying your flight's cancelled, and getting a new time. Most people were there already too, but the six weeks should be okay since she'll travel around the area too! Connie will just enjoy being home alone - sleeping whenever, doing whatever when you want, etc. But you know when you get to missing your sister, it's only 6 weeks! Some of us also discussed Facebook: Grace changed her status on there, and had ALL her friends messaging her, haha. It's likely to be too fast for me! o_O

The Richmond Crew went with Nathan to Dragon Ball. On the way there, we discussed a certain subject: I don't know about it, really. When we got there, I saw a free table! Eric took over "reserving" duties from me, and then Jon tried convincing me to use his free bubble tea on the stamp card: not really needed this month, thanks! Nathan found some pretty interesting exercises in a Chinese magazine, and wondered where the steps for one started: the white man had to tell him, haha! "See, it says START here... although I don't know why it just doesn't do that where you'd expect it to!" Steph got #24 and had to show us! I got a raspberry-mango, and Jon paid for Nathan's since he owes him a LOT of money for their sponsor child! ($20 a month for a year?!) Nathan then noticed some NG exercises, so of course Steph had to take pictures of that. Then she showed me a "MAINTENANCE" sign she'd seen on the Skytrain - yeah, I'm so sure it has to do with Chapters Dumps! We talked about that and diarrhea while traveling - no Imodium, please! (FIVE DAYS?!) I read part of an article about an abusive ex-football player who killed his wife, too! HORRIBLE!

Since everyone except me had to get up early tomorrow, we left shortly after downing our bubble teas. Steph doesn't want Jon to show up on Pastor Edward's lawn at 6:30 AM, haha.. thank goodness there was an alternate plan! On the way home, we talked about steamy windows / skunks / jokingly threatening to kill people in front of others / bookmarks / Angus and his "home clothes" excuse of last Saturday for dinner - they drive out to BURNABY every time for you, and don't make such excuses! / Spoons and Youtube / weekend plans / being a man with boobs / Kernel dump errors / Amacon / laptop backups. Interesting times!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home