Saturday, February 24, 2007

"I wonder who would be the buttocks of the church?"

I blamed my lateness on lineups, and Eric's first thought was that there were people stampeding to use my washroom... hahaha, no. My sister later said the same thing, and joked that Amacon was REALLY bad as a management company! In the car, Eric and I listened to the Team 1040 broadcasters go on about the recent elections to the Football Hall of Fame. Once he got tired of that, he asked me whether any cool craziness had gone on this week: nope! He pretended to fall asleep, and I told him to stop that! At least my lateness saved us from any traffic volume, haha... we even got the last spot in the parking lot, the one blocked by the pole! I saw Christon, Anthony, Joey, and some others upstairs at church. We went downstairs, and noticed that Jeremy had shaved his beard off! When asked about it, he said that he'd done it today so that he could see what happened to his face in 2.5 years, and whether it was pasty white. He certainly looks different! There was this time that he had dreadlocks, another time where he had a bald head and a HUGE beard, and some other combination! Haha, good times without work to worry about! Says his face feels very cold, which he expected... but it's really cold out now, which just makes things worse!

Saw Andrea's boyfriend Chuck from Toronto (who Dylan said he didn't recognize... "ex" factor?): he's interning for Winnie in the VERY short term (till next Saturday), which is cool. Turned out that Randal (and later Kevin) had to join our Bible Study group since the rest of theirs weren't here. When Dylan asked us how our weeks had been, Chuck had an interesting story about how he had to remove some old lady's earwax: that set us all to talking about our own personal earwax removal experiences, whether with the jet of water pressure or not. It was hilarious how weirded out Dylan was, haha. Bible Study took a LONG TIME because someone who shall remain nameless likes being long-winded, possibly because he's in love with the sound of his own voice. It was absolutely GREAT when Jeremy kept talking over his attempts to interject his own opinion because White Man wanted to make sure his point got across... I loved that, and was silently cheering him on!

I shared Jeremy's Bible and book with him since of course I didn't have time to grab my own when rushing out of the apartment earlier... he remarked that the Bible print WAS kinda small, but I could deal with it. He should see this large-print Bible I have, haha... I don't think they make compact large-print Bibles, unfortunately. I'd be SO in the market for one of those! Dylan was going to photocopy some notes for the group, but Jen told him to save paper because we could share: a good thing! We were talking about the different parts of the church body, and Randal came up with this comment: "I wonder who would be the buttocks of the church?" OMG... HAHAHAHAHA! I told Jen (who didn't have to work today, it turned out... that's why she didn't need a ride!) that it was SO going on my blog later, and she said that it should be on the David Fellowship website OR that we were that part... I couldn't hear. But whatever she said, it's now on here at least! :D

Eric later kicked me under the table since I was doing certain things... I know, I know. Later, I thought he was trying to tell me something as he passed me by on his way to the washroom. He wasn't, because that was his knapsack... but he did think that I'd think that. I raised my eyebrows when I saw him chewing some Trident gum, and he told me it was sugarless on the way home. Bible Study ended at 10:30 - no way was I calling Michelle that late since she has two kids and such! After I'd finished talking to Chuck about Jon and Harmony (he thinks it's cute that they met at church - I should tell him the "one block" story on Sunday), Randal came up to me and started a conversation about the 35-steamer SLB night. No, we didn't have a set number of dumplings to eat... and he's figured out that these are the sort he actually LIKES, since they're not the Chinese bakery buns! Christon passed by on the other side and knocked over a chair: Randal joked that he was trying to rearrange the chairs... perhaps! Says a certain TV show is a ritual with him now: beer and popcorn it is! (plus pork rinds when he feels like being a redneck, har har - I am joking!)

Later, I handed Lesley her birthday card as she was talking to Andrea about Youtube and such: she said I was so sweet, heh. Jeremy was talking to Christon about shaving and such, and I wondered what was going on. Christon told me, and Jeremy asked whether my grandma would come up with a new nickname for him once she realizes he's the same person as "Bearded Man." (he explained her nickname to Christon before he walked off somewhere) Hmm, I don't know! Could be something to see about... and I can imagine how it'll go! "Grandma, this IS Bearded Man... say hi so she'll recognize your voice, Jeremy!" "Hi..." "He looks familiar, but where's his beard?" "Quick! Anyone know the Chinese word for "shaved"? He shaved it off..." "Hmph." Hahaha. Then Eric told him about the UGLY mustaches on certain hockey players - I was indeed there at Eric's for the Florida pay-per-view game where the camera kept subjecting us to closeup views of Olli Jokinen and Ville Peltonen! (Jeremy thinks you'd have an awesome mustache if you can see it from behind... all curling up on the side!)

Andrea, Chuck, Connie, and I discussed earwax removal and the pressure water jet: that was an awesome invention! Connie and I could never imagine what Andrea and Sherman grew up with: their mom has this small pick thing which she uses to break up the thing of wax! Things are slower at Connie's job, which is good and makes her feel like a normal worker: it was apparently very hectic before! Jeremy, Chung, Eric, Randal, and I discussed RSVPs and Chung's wedding. Hey, he spelled Randal's name right on HIS card (most people think it's 2 L's - I know I did!)... thank goodness mine was spelled right, since his mom always spells it "Lesley." Yes, I am fully aware that Chung is not his mother, thanks. :P

Eric and I went upstairs after people had stacked the chairs on the tables and wondered why we hadn't been kicked out yet by the cleaners. (it was 10:45 or later by then!) We found Danielle, Vanessa, Nathan, Christon, Steph, and Cindy laughing their heads off over something which was apparently very hilarious! Eric and I just looked at each other and said that we didn't get it. Somehow, "grilled cheese sandwiches" was innuendo, and there was some other deeper innuendo going on... Steph said that she'd explain it in the car, so Eric wanted to leave pretty much right away! Turns out that someone had brought up the idea of Daniel Fellowship clothing like hoodies and such; since Steph doesn't wear hoodies, she wanted Fellowship track trousers. Nathan or someone else brought up Fellowship underwear and brassieres. ("we can have D on one side, and F on the other!") Then Cindy - of all the people! - said that the "DF" might get confused for "Dairy Farms"... she normally wouldn't even SAY such a thing, so that's why they all found it hilarious! Eric then commented that it COULD be "Dairy Farms," but that it wouldn't be the kind of message the Fellowship would want to send out! (but DF could also work for David Fellowship!)

We talked about fighting (as if I'd do that!), Grandma busing home from the haircut place (good!), Steph sleeping over at Vivian's (no car means she had to be inventive), blogs (I really need to change the day I check those), MSN conversations, teasing, hints, certain people, Steph's new jerseys, the ugfart getting back soon, hockey pools and the trade deadline, Buffalo-Ottawa games and BRAWLS, etc. There was a gas station selling the stuff for 99.9ยข and one across the street selling it for 105.9! Man, that is NOT competitive! I showed Steph the peppermint bark when I asked whether she'd seen Quan tonight... she hadn't seen her, Cordia, OR Joyce! Very odd, haha. Then she thought the yummy stuff was for her - you wish! Maybe I'll bring some over on Monday, although I can just imagine they'll tell Mom certain "pertinent" information: STOP IT! Oh well, at least I can probably have a ride home if I ask!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home