Friday, January 05, 2007

You WISH we could keep the Christmas tree up all year round! :P

Note: LJ destiny in life / what my LJ friends really think / LJ friend wanting to pee on me / LJ Hogwarts years blogquizzes. (by Sophia, Ichigo, Matt, and Penny)


Oh yay... Talia's back under a new name. (the person who was turning into Chris Sykes) Ah well, I'll keep an open mind on this for now!

This is a link from my Cool Tricks and Trinkets newsletter. A bunch of us (including underage Stanley :P) were talking about beer, wine, (peaty) Scotch, port, sherry, Merlot, cigars, and other such expensive stuff after Bible Study... I told Jon that I had to email him and Jeremy this site, hehe. Jen saw something about a cask night or something which made her think of them: they're going tomorrow night, haha. Why am I not surprised? Jon then invited Jeremy to the Wal-Mart documentary night: he can't go since it's poker night at his place! (Eric M. should be coming, and maybe Jen will too...) Speaking of Jeremy, I *still* haven't paid him his $5 back, and I've seen him like, what... three times since then?! Ugh. Terrible organization... but on Sunday, I will DEFINITELY do so! (we'll probably be sitting by each other in service unless he sits by Eric or does drumming duties...)

Beerasia: If you are fascinated by beer, or Asian culture, or both, you will want to bookmark this cool site. Beer Asia is a fun blog that features reviews and info on pretty much every beer produced throughout Asia. Discover the wide variety of beers from the Orient, find out about popular "wannabe" brews to avoid, and learn about the most popular beers in smaller countries such as Malaysia, Cambodia, Burma, and Laos. Visitors who read the section on "The Top 10 Beers in Asia" will be tempted to get on a plane, fly halfway around the world, and have a cold one. Cheers!


Sam picked me up at about 7:15 - we talked about New Year's (his parents actually did something and went to J-Mak's house!), and I agree with him that 12 midnight is too early to go to bed unless you have to. He's still sick after a few days, but figures it's from being out at night with friends: he can be sick during school, but might as well take advantage of the holidays! Then he asked if I'd heard about the snow today: nope! Apparently, it snowed today and HE didn't even know till his dad got home and told him to be careful driving to Fellowship! I've had days where I don't really look out the window till hours after getting up, so I understand that. We discussed BC Place - he'd seen headlines on the news, but no video. When we got to church, he asked if I'd like to go in through the back door (NOT IN THAT WAY, YOU PERVERTS!)... sure, it was better than walking through all the wet slushy conditions from the back parking lot to the front door!

Peeked in the kitchen on my way upstairs: Jon was talking to Vanessa while Jeremy was sitting in front of the sink. Apparently, he hadn't gotten soaked all day till just then; later, he was warming up his socks by sitting in front of a heat fan. Hopefully, that worked! Asked Jon how we were getting home since he'd also asked Sam for a ride home: he had the car since our dad bused home, thank goodness! (Steph thanked him for that later, but he didn't really say anything in return... just a grunt!) Said hi to the two Jasons and others before going upstairs. Frances wished me a happy new year, and wondered how I'd gotten there tonight: Sam, whom she didn't really know. After Randal was done talking to Martin and his friend Raymond about stuff, I gave him the ladybug stickers and the calendar: yes, he can now sit on the toilet and not have to wonder about what day it happens to be, haha. I'd taped the envelope up really well, but he managed to open it carefully as is his wont. Heh... he says he'll read the card later, which is fine with me: I wrote a lot in there for some reason. :P I guess he seemed to like it: maybe I'll connect with him on Sunday and ask. Or there's always email, I suppose... dunno why I don't want to do THAT, though! (even worse: calling him and sounding stupid!)

Our group went to the attic to do Bible Study: I haven't been up there in AGES! The two rooms are now converted into offices, and Jon has the key to the doors! Karen popped in with a huge bowl of popcorn, while Dylan brought up our plate of green / red grapes. Nobody really ate any of the popcorn, but we did eat half of the grapes. I offered Candy Cane Roca to Jen and Jon, but they couldn't have sugar! (Jon's sick, and Jen had this infection eat away her bacteria - including the good sort) Jeremy was also coming down with something, so I thought it prudent to NOT offer him any... maybe I'll offer it tomorrow to the leaders. (not the kids, haha) Jon said that his new Gmail address isn't a permanent change, since he'll still be using his Hotmail address: fair enough!

Went downstairs and talked to Billy, Karen Choo, and others about the expensive stuff mentioned above. Stanley came in and contributed something about cigarette papers, and then Jeremy told us that he'd heard of these cigars that took an hour and a half to smoke because of all the nicotine in them! It would be lethal to have all that nicotine at once if you injected it! Just puff on them and not inhale them, or else! Karen So came in a while later just off work, and said that it would be nice if she had sponsors for her wedding: it wouldn't cost so much otherwise! Chung thanked me for the cards and such: he didn't expect so many, but that's part of what I try doing for others, haha. Maisie wishes that the Christmas tree could be up all year, and asked Pastor Edward about it: not a good idea, heh. Billy, Randal, Karen, and others took it down tonight, though.

Jon was busy talking to Harmony on the phone, so I went to the basement where they were just wrapping up wonton mein. Steph says she, Pat, Citrus, Danielle, and others are going snowboarding on the 19th... AKA yet another ping-pong night which I will NOT go to this time unless someone can give me a damned good reason why I should! She said that the man should serve the woman, so I shouldn't have to drag Jon's stuff upstairs for him: true, but what can you do? We ended up driving Joyce home (Quan went with Citrus and Cordia) after Steph bugged Cordia about her "MENTAL" dragon hat and 24. The wind was CRAZY tonight: we saw insane-looking trees, one traffic light hanging by a thread, and another traffic light that looked as if it was just going to DROP! (but once we passed a certain area, they seemed to be bolted down better... I heard there are more power outages in the Lower Mainland too!)

I told Steph about the FANTASTIC birthday cards I'd found for our parents involving farts and butt tattoos (she and Jon have to see them sometime in the next few months), and we told Joyce about our mom's many English lapses! ("nice rack" is NOT anything to do with poo, "tentacles" are NOT "testicles," "making out" is not hugging, etc.) Joyce laughed and laughed... she figured her mom wouldn't know about some stuff either. Ours just always disbelieves stuff, and thinks we're making it up! After we dropped her off, Steph invited me to lunch with Vivian S. tomorrow: I'm not going since Henry IS picking me up, and I don't want to be dropped off way early afterwards! Yeah, I got her email about the new James Bond movie on Tuesday: eh, why not.... Now that it's relatively early and no one is really online, I can perhaps go to bed. Hopefully, I'll sleep before 4 too! (I need to do this...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home