Monday, January 08, 2007

Intrusive PMs and misleading movies / KFC Coleslaw

Great... I get home to two private messages. I'll probably deal with those later. Ugh. You are not getting any reasonably private info on my friends and people I know, thanks! =/

I also got one missed call on my phone, which is from a number that Hester (the apartment building manager) told me about the other day. Methinks it has something to do with the "compensation for no heat" OR the "rent issues," so I'll get on that tomorrow sometime... must also call Sue or Barry to remind them of certain increases, too!


Today's Flesh-Eating Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

Two KwaZulu-Natal girls have been left traumatised after witnessing their father eat the flesh off their dead mother's face. Police spokesperson Captain Tienkie van Vuuren said police were called to Thembalethu Village near Mkuze in the Tugela Ferry area at 3 AM on Friday, June 17, 2005 after a 13-year-old girl ran to her neighbours for help. She said when they arrived at the scene, they had to force their way inside the house to rescue the other girl (7) who had also been stabbed on the head by the father. "Inside, police found the naked Jabulani Siphethu sitting on top of his common-law wife's body, eating the flesh from her face," said Van Vuuren. "Only the forehead was still intact. The bone was visible where the rest of the face used to be." Siphethu was very aggressive during the arrest, and threatened police with the knife he was holding. He was eventually apprehended and taken outside. "There, he suddenly choked and became unconscious and died. The seven-year-old girl was removed from the scene by ambulance, together with her older sister who escaped unharmed," said Van Vuuren. She said a case of murder and inquest has been opened.

Culled from: Mail & Guardian Online
Generously submitted by: Grim747

**********************************************************************

I can't say I blame the girl: nobody likes to see their parents suck face! *groan*

*******

Wretched Recommendations!

Dana has a film recommendation for us:

"I literally just got back from seeing The Prestige. Aside from making me want to kill the projectionist for screwing up his cues, it was an excellent film. It manages to be period in a subtle and believable way, bolstered by the great acting. It's dark overall, but it's the last five minutes that are really morbid. I'm hoping the DVD comes out soon, as I'd love to hear the director's thoughts on this one."

*******

Morbid Trinket Du Jour!

For those of you who still haven't purchased a new calendar this year, here's an excellent choice!

The 2007 Serial Killer Calendar

Thanks to Nina for the suggestion.


Eric M. wanted to see The Prestige in November, but didn't due to lack of interest among our crowd. That calendar thing reminds me: there's a movie coming out next week about a serial killer which is a crocodile named Gustave. I think it's called Primeval... saw a preview for it on Channel 54 at the townhouse.

Certain people on the IMDB message boards for that movie are stupid. A crocodile is NOT a snake, and they're not even close to being the same thing! UGH! The people are right about this: the "serial killer still at large" is SO misleading! Guess I won't be seeing this one, and saving my money for more worthy things! Double UGH to misleading stuff! Glad I read the message boards first, heh.


KFC Coleslaw

8 1/8 cups cabbage
1/3 cup carrot
1 teaspoon onion chopped fine
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 cup milk
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise

First, core the cabbage and shred the cabbage finely using the fine disk for the shredder attachment to the mixer. Then shred the cabbage. In a bowl... combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, milk, and lemon juice with a whisk. Mix till well-combined. Then add the seasoning. The last step is to add the sugar to the sauce until well-mixed in. Add the sauce to the cabbage and carrot mixture, and mix well. Allow the mixture to marinate for 13 hours.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Flami Brolx in Vancouver, BC. I just found you while googling the Web for reviews on Uncle John's Bathroom Reader. Wow - you must be one of the original originals in blogland. I like what I see so far - and I wanted to say thanks for the long list (in May I think it was) of all the Uncle John book gifts. Truly inspiring for me, here slaving away at the BRI just for people like you. I'll be sure to pass it around the house here too.

I'm working, or should be, right now, so I'll be back another time. I left a link to a personal blog I have, small and simple (I have others, but that's for another time), that you may like or may hate. I'd go with the latter.

Thanks again.
LT

Monday, January 8, 2007 at 3:31:00 PM PST  
Blogger Flami said...

Heh, okay then. Something for everyone in those books.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 7:53:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home