Sunday, January 07, 2007

Don't go to Hong Kong or you'll come back sick!

Church today was like usual... I only talked to Randal for two seconds, so that was fine. :P Talked to Jeremy for slightly longer since I paid him back his money after we shook hands: he said I didn't have to, but I made him keep it. :D He looked pretty sick today, and told my sister that the cold was entering his chest... yeah, we don't want to get sick from ANYONE! Jon should let him rest, but they went to the beer thing yesterday anyhow... sigh. Nathan was back from Hong Kong, but he's sick too: Steph figures that everyone who goes to Hong Kong (like Joey and Emily) comes back sick because it's so crowded / polluted / not sanitary! Ivan seemed pretty subdued today, but I guess he was sad since his parents took the car keys away from him indefinitely for lying about his whereabouts on Friday night: church and a party are NOT the same thing! Also learned that his little sister Natalie is allergic to peanuts: Julie told me that when I offered them some Candy Cane Roca after Sunday School... good thing, since I didn't know till now! I don't THINK I've offered her anything with peanuts in it before, but I could be wrong... now I've been informed, so it's handy knowledge!

Rosenda and baby Ian said hi to me in the back parking lot, which was cool. She was talking to Steph and asked where I was: behind her talking to Kevin, Jon, and various others about the Wal-Mart documentary. There are certain documentaries you wouldn't want to see with your parents around because of the swear word tally, too. Tony works there, so he figures he better not watch it or he'll want to find a new job! Brian leaves for Alberta again today, and was talking about stirfrys / risotto / other cooking feats... twenty minutes of stirring for risotto? Man, we're too lazy for that, haha. Karen Choo came up to me and was like, "COME TO PING-PONG NIGHT BECAUSE I AM IN CHARGE OF THE REFRESHMENT TABLE THIS TIME, AND I CAN'T HOG ALL THE PROGRAMS!" I said that I'd see about that, even if she exempts me again. Jon was right there, so maybe he'll remind me in a week... eh, whatever. After Sunday School, we did our thing of standing around in a circle discussing stuff. This week, it was the United Church and their position on homosexuality. They do SOME things right, like being welcoming instead of condemning people for their lifestyle or whatever you may call it. Dylan and I looked at Jon's Sunday School sheet, then got to discussing plans for this afternoon. Vania came by as Jon was signing her birthday card: I tried to make him sign Rachel's at service, but no go. I told Vania that after Steph signed her card, we'd give it to her at some point... that's fine with her!

As of lunchtime, the place / time for the documentary hadn't been determined. At lunch, my dad said something about being "all natural"... the three of us gave each other a look and ignored the comment... we don't want to know about that, thanks! On the way home, I noticed someone in the lane next to us making faces at our car: it was Citrus / Danielle / Cordia! So Steph rolled down the window and bugged Cordia about 24: she's picking up Cordia and Joyce on Sunday / Monday nights before 9, so they can be more social at Nathan's! ("I'll go just so I can see what madness you're all taking about!" said Cordia) Jon called a while ago because he was at the Mandarin service for his installation, and said that they're watching the documentary at Jeremy's since neither he nor Jen have cars. Steph says Jon should let Jeremy rest since he has a full week of work ahead of him, but I guess it's okay since he's at home... still, he should not really wheedle Jer to go out with him because his health is / should be important to him too! Oh well, there's always the hockey game at Eric's later tonight that I can watch for hangout time!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home