Sunday, December 31, 2006

Meeting Tiffany and Grace / I do NOT like those people as more than friends!

Church today was pretty much a big round of the usual. On the way over to church, my mom wondered why the interns couldn't find local resources (meaning girlfriends)... I was NOT up for a round of stramash, so kept my mouth shut. Someone asked me where Jon was, so I told them that he was going to Harmony's church today. Talked to Jeremy for a bit before service: he figured that we didn't have any bulletins, but Auntie Cathy was handing them out because of a lack of ushers. He asked me how my Christmas was, and I said it was good: at least he got to see a lot of his family in Kelowna! We waved to Andrea and talked to her briefly about Toronto: seeing her boyfriend Chuck every day for a month was good, heh. I went over to talk to the little kids: Hannah liked my new Angel hat, so I told her that my grandma got it for me as a Christmas gift, and that I liked her scarf with a Keroppi frog on it. That prompted Nathan to say "Guess what I got for Christmas!" Of course I couldn't guess, so he told me that he got a big comfortable blankie that he could put his pillow on. His sister Natalie chimed in and said it was from their brother Ivan: that sounds cute!

After service, I gave Denise her late Christmas card, then went outside. Met Dave's girlfriend Tiffany and Phil's girlfriend Grace, then asked Anita how her party was yesterday: she noted that I couldn't make it, and said that only seven people came, but it was still fun! Talked to Phil's mom a little bit: she just got to know Grace better recently, and her sister knows Grace better than she does because they're both in Chicago! Helen C. came over and talked for a bit about her pregnancy: she wishes it was over because of the back pain and general discomfort, but I guess there ARE only five weeks left to go! Very hard weeks, from what I've heard!

Asked Jeremy about his plans for tonight: apparently one of his friends is having a hot pot potluck in Richmond (which he later figured Jen could crash if it weren't kinda far), and then Jon said something about documentaries later on which he doesn't know about. Randal stopped by to compliment me on my new hat... then he smiled / waved, wished me a Happy New Year, and left. I might have talked to him if he weren't in such a hurry and if I wasn't absorbed in listening to a conversation about various plans for tonight. Didn't get a chance to talk to Eric, but there's always MSN and such for that! Talked to Chrystal briefly before leaving to go inside the church.. of course I wished various people a Happy New Year and "God Bless" before then!

Went to help with the toddler Sunday School: Rachel and Wilson were the only two kids there, and they were both VERY hyper! I joked that they'd both had chocolate for breakfast, and Rachel's grandma said that Rachel ate lots of candy yesterday. Man, those two were bouncing off the walls... Wilson followed Rachel's bad example, and was bouncing up and down yelling "BOING! BOING!" / drumming on the table and bench / sitting on the table / standing up on the bench. I guess the sugar high or whatever still affected Rachel, at least to some extent! After that, I went outside: on the way, I paused to chat with Jason, Andrew, and some of the teen guys about their Christmas and New Year's. Those kids are cool, man. :D

Went outside to talk to Jeremy, Jen, Christon, Karen Lew, and some others. Steph came up to me and said we were eating Pho, as she wanted to meet Rachel and prep for tomorrow's dinner: fair enough! Lesley came by with a big bag of Starbucks muffins / scones, but I didn't take any since I figured I wouldn't be home till way later! (like, past midnight) Auntie Cathy started talking to Jeremy and introduced herself: she'd seen him and Jon at the main library on Friday while they were borrowing DVDs (she works there), and realized that she didn't know him at all, heh. They talked about Kelowna, how long he'd been coming to the church, how he knew Jon, and the usual stuff. She asked me whether I was still in my own place: when I told her that it had been six years since I moved out, she was definitely surprised! Time flies! Jeremy and I know the thing to do before our parents come over is CLEAN UP, haha. Luckily, my parents haven't been over in YEARS... and it's been some time since I had a get-together at my place anyhow, heh.

After discussing New Year's plans and grocery shopping for hot pot (veggies! fish balls! thinly-sliced meat! noodles!), Jeremy and Christon decided that they might as well go to Pho too. (Christon had to talk to Steph anyway, but she ultimately had no time - email it is!) My mom thought that I wanted to sit with the guys: despite what she thinks, I do NOT like certain guy friends of mine as more than that! We're just friends, heh... the only love I bear them is a Christian one, haha. Even if it were anything else, she wouldn't know about it! (but she might, with maternal instinct...) Apparently, it's bad luck in traditional Chinese culture to wish someone a Happy New Year in advance! My sister and I found that out when we tried wishing our grandma a Happy New Year, heh.

Steph told us about 24 previews (torture!), turning into our mothers in the future, and meeting Rachel and Pei Lyn this afternoon for coffee before going grocery shopping with Rachel for tomorrow night: playing the role of mediator isn't easy! Dumping on people is NOT GOOD, and your friends will eventually have enough of that and move on! Good luck with that! Waved bye to Jeremy and Christon on our way out, then went to Kin's Farm Market and dropped Steph off at Rachel's before coming here to the townhouse. Started putting dishes away voluntarily (my parents shouldn't be surprised! :P), and my grandma said I had to sweep the floor. It didn't need THAT much sweeping, but I'm not going to say NO to her, heh. Did some dishes and threw away some garbage, too. Eh, what can ya do but try to help?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home