Saturday, December 30, 2006

Dreams of little kids / Naked Christmas! / Kentucky Biscuits

Note to self: Pay Jeremy back $5 for that beer. Would have done it last night, but that $5 bill went to paying the Nirvana bill. Luckily, I got a $10 and 2 $5 bills as change from Kat's Tea House last night. One was used as payment for the bubble tea, and the other will be used to pay debts back. Ha, I am on top of things! (better than I might have been some time ago, believe me!) Also, I need to ask Eric just what sort of fan is making the noise. Corey thinks it MIGHT just be an 80mm fan, but it could also be a processor fan - less common!

As I thought, I slept right through the Awana Christmas party... it's not like that many people were going (the last time I checked the Evite), and I didn't think I'd be up for it! Crap excuses, but they work. :P Maybe next time, since I'm still tired from sleeping at 5 AM (why?!) and then having weird dreams in which little Ian was with his family in a shower / Auntie Ping was our family's servant and took off our shoes for us when we entered the door / our family went through muddy poo-filled fields / little Rosanna was always bugging the family servant with questions when she was talking to Gwyneth and Evelyn's mom. Don't ask me, I don't want to know! o_O

Checked blogs: Spoz has the usual weekend stuff, and Vivian wrote up the Christmas brunch. She thought it was pretty good since the kids and everyone else enjoyed it! She also reminds herself that Christmas is a time to love... HAHAHA, I still remember Erin screwing up that solo in God's Faithful Singers because her brothers were making faces at her from the front row at church!

Steph had some NHL standings up (Vancouver first in the division?!), and an "equation" up consisting of iPod, running shoes, and other things = 15km that wouldn't have been run. She also had a "Get out, Mom! I'm naked!" post, with my mom's typical response of "Don't worry, I've bathed you naked many times before when you were a baby!" ("and on that note, MERRY CHRISTMAS!") I don't think my mom understands that baby nakedness is NOT the same thing as, um, "mature" nakedness... o_O


Kentucky Biscuits

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable shortening

Preheat oven to 425ºF. Sift together flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder into mixing bowl. Make a well in the flour mix and add the milk. Add shortening and begin kneading with hands (to cut in) the vegetable shortening and flour in the milk until thoroughly mixed. Add milk, if needed to form, and mix. Turn onto floured board, and knead gently 6 to 8 times. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into biscuits. Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10-13 minutes. Makes about 9 biscuits.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home