Sunday, November 12, 2006

We're going to the GREY CUP, baby!

On the way over to church this morning, I made my sister sign a bunch of birthday cards. She also told me certain things about our brother that had been ongoing for three weeks... well, at least now I'll have an answer for Auntie Rebecca if she asks me a certain question again! These developments also have me questioning certain things in my life too... not sure if that's a good thing or not, heh. Wish I could give my brother advice about it without sounding too weird, so perhaps I won't. My grandma also gave me $20, and my sister gave me $2... quite the profitable car ride, haha. At least it financed my decision to go watch the football game with the guys!

I gave Vanessa her birthday card with the money in it for her dad, and joked that the money was for her birthday.. as much as I'd like to give her that amount of money, that's not possible! Wished Emily Lam a happy birthday, then sat through service. Afterwards, I went downstairs and gave Vivian HER birthday card which was two weeks late: what can I say except that my siblings and I are never in the same place at the same time? Then I went outside in the rain, where Jen quickly decided that it was too cold to loiter for long. Nathan called Jon, who wanted a bunch of people to wait for him before going off to Sunday School at Frog Hollow for the last time. Jeremy figured that it was warmer with the rain than without it, and recounted a time where he saw this guy with a huge golf umbrella whose pants were just as soaked as his! (that's when you know it's bad!) I was undecided on whether to go watch the game, but Jen said she'd go because she didn't want to be the only female in the group... then she later BAILED! Ugh. Vanessa thanked me again for the card and such, then Jeremy told me the score of last night's hockey game. At least a 3-2 defeat to the Flames is slightly better than 6-0 because the team scored some goals!

When Jon got there, we bugged him about girls for a bit. For some reason, I mixed a girl up with her sister (whom I *have* met), so that produced some laughs about two girlfriends at the same time. I quickly decided to go to the adult Sunday School since the plan was to just leave after Sunday School for Hell's Kitchen (the pub where we'd be). I told some people to wait for me for a couple minutes while I let Mom and the toddler Sunday School class know about my plans. After that, Vania introduced her cousin Christine to Eric and Jen since we were riding in the car to a pit stop at 7-11. I haven't been to an adult Sunday School class in a few years due to helping with the babies / toddlers, so it was nice to have the experience.

Eric and I dropped Vania and Christine off at church, then went around trying to find an efficient way to get to Hell's Kitchen. By the time we got there, we figured Jon / Jeremy / Jen / Nathan would be there already, but they weren't. We let a lot of people go ahead of us as a result, then conferred with the guys when they DID get there. Since they didn't have the volume up on the relatively small TV sets, they decided to go elsewhere. We ended up going to Bimini's Tap House across the street, where we watched the BC Lions clobber the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-18! (that 29-4 lead at halftime certainly helped... their quarterback seemed ineffective against the CROWD NOISE, haha) Some of the commercials left a lot to be desired, like the one for Subway's new sandwich: "Oh no! My stomach is empty! I'm going to writhe around on the floor in front of my family!" Not good if you consider that most people here don't know what real hunger is! (not that I do, but the people in Africa and similar countries?) Certain football players had cool dreadlocks and hair in general, so we joked that one guy had deliberately lost his helmet to show off his hair. The plays were awesome at times, too... IN YOUR FACE if you try to taunt us! (time-count violations, 80 pages of CFL rules including one about two teams somehow gaining simultaneous possession of the ball, etc.)

It was a good time even though I know like next to nothing about football. Jon thinks that we should do this at a house next week (GREY CUP!) so we don't have to figure out tips (especially since we stayed for 3.5 hours) or taxes. After that, we all went in different directions: Eric drove me home, so we discussed our candidacy for being in the insane asylum for a while. We shared about our wet feet (DEFROST HEAT FEET)... no, we don't literally share the same wet feet, but I couldn't dry his feet for him no matter how much he wanted that, haha. He's not doing much tomorrow since I was the only one who really replied to his email about THE PRESTIGE, although he might practice his singing since he's leading worship next Sunday. Then I told him certain personal things, so we'll see how that goes. He was surprised that I've written some Christmas cards already, and I am too! Wow... I have the organization and DRIVE, baby! When he dropped me off, he told me to get out of his car and to have a lovely evening. Heh... despite recent events, I think I'll try my best with that one! (hopefully the rain will dissipate even more - it was more manageable when we left the tap house than it was when we came in - so I can mail my stuff out already!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home