Friday, November 10, 2006

Baby Brandon, stupid excuses for baby names, executions, and cannibalism

Jon has no idea what time he or Eric will pick me up tonight. I don't know WHY Karen wants me at this ping-pong thing so badly just to watch (or "spectate," as she calls it)... aiya. Hopefully, it won't suck as much as I'm thinking it will. :P

Good thing I checked my old email account today since I was looking for more places to change my email address. Lauren and Warren emailed us pictures of THEIR NEW SON, born on Nov. 5! Little Brandon looks so cute! They say that Matthew is adjusting to having to share Mommy, and that Mommy and Brandon are doing fine... good to hear! :D


Warren with baby Brandon and Matthew:




Matthew, Lauren, Brandon, and Warren:




Brandon looks kinda like his brother in this one:




For reference, newborn Matthew:




Sleeping Brandon on a mat:




Oh, and that woman with the stupidly-named kids showed up in two of my journals to upbraid me for daring to slander her kids' names. Hahaha, that amuses me... especially since I got to ban her from both those journals, and another one just in case. Honestly... who names their kids Justice, Credence, Epiphany, Trinity, Ardor, and Solace?! TERRIBLY STUPID NAMES! Also, it appears that she got a journal account JUST to reply to my posts... very evident due to the fact her journal's been DELETED!

For laughs, I'll include what she said here: "My next two names are Mercy and Valor. Hope you get a great chuckle out of that. We are tossing around Rhapsody as well, although we might use that as a middle name. How could two nouns be OK names and not others? Because you have not heard of them before, or don't know what they mean without looking it up, does not mean that they are "stupid names." Not everyone can be named "Heather" or "John." I hope that you grow up one day and learn to be more open and not so judgemental." Newsflash, lady, I *do* know what all those WORDS mean. I hope you receive / set aside money for your kids' therapy bills, because they're gonna need it. However, I should say that I have no problem with Mercy being used as a name: reminds me of the Puritans, heh. Rhapsody just makes me think of the Queen song Bohemian Rhapsody. Haha... this should be on Baby's Named a Bad Bad Thing!


Morbid Facts

Today's Promising Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

Frank Middleton, Jr. was executed by lethal injection in Columbia, South Carolina on November 22, 1996. He was convicted of raping and murdering two women after escaping from a prison road crew. His last meal consisted of fried chicken, French fries, corn on the cob, and a Coke. His final words? "What are you people looking at? I'm going to the Promised Land! Ha ha ha!!"

Culled from: Last Suppers: Famous Final Meals from Death Row

**********************************************************************

When I read this, I was immediately reminded of one of my favorite Far Side cartoons, where one dog is sitting in a car and telling another dog through the window, "Ha ha, Biff! I'm going to the vet to get tutored!!"

*******

Morbid Link Du Jour!

Here's an excellent site about the history and current state of the death penalty in the U.S. The most interesting aspect is the interactive U.S. map, where you can look at a variety of statistics on a state-by-state basis. Pure statistical morbid fascination!

Thanks to Neil for the link.

*******

Morbid Lyric Du Jour!

Cathy sends us the lyrics to a song called Timothy written by Rupert Holmes (yes, THE Rupert Holmes of Pina Colada Song fame). This song is claimed to be "the only song in recorded history about cannibalism," but I somehow doubt that to be true. I'm sure there are plenty of death metal songs that touch upon the subject.

But without further ado:

TIMOTHY
Trapped in a mine that had caved in
And everyone knows the only ones left
Were Joe and me and Tim
When they broke through to pull us free
The only ones left to tell the tale
Were Joe and me

Timothy, Timothy, where on earth did you go?
Timothy, Timothy, God why don't I know?

Hungry as hell, no food to eat
And Joe said that he would sell his soul
For just a piece of meat
Water enough to drink for two
And Joe said to me, "I'll have a swig
And then there's some for you."

Timothy, Timothy, Joe was looking at you
Timothy, Timothy, God what did we do?

I must have blacked out just around then
'Cause the very next thing that I could see
Was the light of the day again
My stomach was full as it could be
And nobody ever got around
To finding Timothy
Timothy...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home