Saturday, November 11, 2006

Ping pong, Dragon Ball, Sunday football, Entenmann's Fat-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Once I got into the car tonight, I encountered a problem with one of the backseat seatbelts, which seemed to be wedged into the trunk. Since we weren't transporting others, I just moved to the other side. On the way to Dragon Ball, Jeremy was in the seat I'd have moved to, so Jon and Eric had to figure out the trunk key and un-wedge the seatbelt from my side. (stinkin' IKEA dressers...) Near the Bridgeport International Table Tennis Club, there's a building supplies shop with the letter L left out of the word "supplies" on their sign.. heh. Ping-pong was okay, I guess... I did try it, but shied away when someone tried teaching me about it. I dunno... maybe I just don't teach well, haha. Talked to all the people there, and entertained baby Benjamin by playing peek-a-boo. He also seemed to like Eric bouncing his orange ping-pong ball up and down on a racquet, haha. Asked Karen to change my email address on the Fellowship list as well, since it's NOT just a personal change - last time I changed my email address, it took her forever to clue into the PERMANENT part of it!

Discussed BORAT, FORREST GUMP, and other cool movies before getting into football with the guys... they don't believe they're going to see the game at the stadium, but are casting about for alternatives with a big TV. (not Pho, in other words) We talked about expensive books and fines for such from the reserve library at UBC, chips, table tennis being the Asian stereotype, getting gum out of clothes, Eunice, Tracy, Dianne forgetting about the ping-pong tonight, Steph home at 11, and bubble tea. (Jon also thinks I'm too nosy and blog EVERYTHING, while Eric thinks I should stop reading about bloody murder) It's true that there's only Michael Cheng in regular tennis, Japanese people in baseball, Yao Ming in basketball, and Korean / Japanese guys in hockey... "my son's quite the man in table tennis!" Heh, I recall thinking that it was lame in Grade 8, haha.

Jeremy said that he wouldn't mind Original Joe's, but then gave us a whole list of reasons NOT to go there, hahaha! ("the beer's not good because it's not cold enough, they're understaffed and the service sucks, I haven't come across a menu item that I really like, their TV is small...") Maisie gave me her new phone number, and said she lived with nine people, most of whom are nice. She's open to getting together in Richmond sometime, which is cool. I asked a few people if they got my email: most did, but Eddie didn't seem to. Oh well, I just sent him another email... Hotmail is weird sometimes with that stuff! We also learned about a weird inside-jokey nickname that Jon had for Dallas... I heard it right, even if Jeremy didn't.

We went to Dragon Ball and ordered an artfully-arranged honeydew-lychee bubble tea for Dallas, while getting black plum-honeydew (me.. never again!) / watermelon-tofu (Jon) / pineapple-papaya (Jeremy, using my stamp card) for ourselves. I can get TWO free bubble teas next time, if the cards still work like I think they do... (buy 10, get one free) Discussed just going to Nathan's for the football game, or going to Richmond... then used the exclusion policy. "Let's go to places we haven't been before! Wait, Jeremy... you don't want to go to those places. So if we don't want to go to places we've been before OR places we haven't been before..." Haha, good times.. downtown will be crazy on Sunday for sure! Nathan told Jon that Christon was with him, and they were at McDonald's, which led to a discussion of SUPERSIZE ME. Yeah, I don't think you'd live very long on that exclusive diet with almost no exercise! ("Hey, guys. I've taken my 5000 steps today... carry me!")

Jon almost forgot to take me home (and chanced the bridge yesterday at 2:30 AM), but I told him "I exist!" I wasn't being philosophical, either. Eric H. left me a message saying that he's going to Seattle tomorrow with his family... eh, well. We'll see about rescheduling sometime next week, then! Then Eric M. got online to say stuff about tomorrow... when he heard that I was busy banning someone, he called me a cruel dictator in my online world. Not necessarily, but if you're rude to me as THE MOD, you get booted... simple as that! :P

Jon just sent us another email about Sunday dinner: Due to extenuating circumstances, Lesley can't cook for us this Sunday... she'll cook for us some other day. If there are volunteers, we can have something at Nathan's house this Sunday night, but if not, then we'll have to have dinner together on a later Sunday. Some of us are watching the BC Lions playoff game this Sunday afternoon.... somewhere. If you're interested in joining us, just get a hold of me and I'll let you know where we eventually end up going. Heh, I guess I'll see on THAT one!



You are like Fozzie


Naive / dumb / annoyingly bemused by the most trivial of things, you probably even like this quiz - goofball! Okay to carry your heavy bags, but not to babysit your kid sister!
Which sorry excuse of a Muppet are you?


Entenmann's Fat-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 48 Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Desserts Cookies Low-Fat

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1 tablespoon Molasses
3 Raw egg whites
1 cup Dark raisins
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Light brown sugar -- packed
1 cup Granulated sugar
1/2 cup Non-fat dry milk powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
2 1/2 cups Quaker brand quick-cooking -- rolled oats
1 cup All-purpose flour

Put molasses, egg whites, and raisins into blender and blend on high speed just to mince, but not to puree (about 5-10 seconds). Empty the mixture into a medium mixing bowl. With mixer, beat in on medium speed each of the remaining ingredients, beating well after each addition, adding both the oats and flour in small portions. Switch to mixing spoon if dough becomes too stiff for mixer. Lightly spray cookie sheet with Pam and wipe off excess lightly with paper towel; any excess on the cookie sheet may burn while cookies are baking. You need only a very light film of the Pam just to keep cookies from sticking. Use 1 measuring teaspoonful of dough for each cookie and place 2" apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake in preheated 350° oven 6-8 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool on paper towels, removing from cookie sheets carefully.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home