Sunday, November 12, 2006

My brother never tells me ANYTHING! / Organization / Entenmann's Pound Cake

I called my sister earlier: she said that there had been an informal hangout night at Nathan's tonight which was organized by the Daniel Fellowship, but open to everyone. She wondered why I hadn't been there, and I said that Jon hadn't said a thing about it yesterday: all I had heard about last night was discussion on where to watch the football game! AIYA, what a nice brother. :P (she's picking me up at 9:15 tomorrow - later today, really - and has a busy day with Vanessa and Vivian S. coming up) It could be argued that I needed the time to work on my project - in fact, I finished Phase 1 today - but that's not the point! My brother is CLUELESS sometimes! UGH.

Earlier, I was complaining to Corey that my butter didn't spread AT ALL. He gave me this helpful tip: "Put it in the microwave for a few seconds." Actually, I'd been wondering about that... so I did it, and the butter now seems like it would be easier to spread. :D

Am accumulating a load of stuff to mail out sometime next week, maybe. There are cards and postcards for Billy / Marilynn / Trisha (fdolarhyde13 / blindedxheart / _angel_of_nite_) and their mom Janina (mrshannibal). Also, pencils and card / postcard for Holly (tribute_mutant), stuff for John (snooooopy) and Corey (dwcorey), and cards for Maryann / Teunis / Soleta / Julie (julie709) / Danielle (gabizoidal). Kaitlin (norsk) is also getting a card and postcard... while Charlotte (charshark), Natalie (chibi_blackie), and Shannon (tearfulgoodbyes) are getting cards... Darren (dfrancis) is even getting a birthday card AND a Christmas card! I've also written some cards for other friends of mine: Ivan and Karen, Citrus, Danielle, Eric H. (lddude), Eric M., and Vania. Hey, this is how I keep myself organized, mmkay? So if you have any objection to these types of paragraphs, you can just flake off!


Entenmann's Pound Cake

½ lb Real butter
2 cups Powdered sugar
3 large Eggs
1 2/3 cups Flour
1 tablespoon Lemon or vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray an 8½" Pyrex loaf dish with Pam. Cream butter with sugar on high speed of mixer for 5 minutes. Add 1 egg and then a little flour, beating 2 minutes. Add 2nd egg and half of remaining flour and beat 2 minutes. Add 3rd egg, rest of flour and extract, beating 2 minutes. Spread thick and creamy batter evenly in prepared loaf dish. Bake 65 minutes, or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in baking dish on wire rack 30 minutes. Remove from dish. Slice ½" thick. If freezing, be sure to slice before freezing loaf. Thaw to use within 6 months.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home