Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sunday night MOVIE plans... no Golden Ocean for me! / El Torito Chicken and Lime Soup

Hmm. Apparently, there's some dinner on Sunday night with a bunch of my mom's friends or whoever. (I didn't really read the email from my mother all that closely, haha) I got to the part where it said that Jon and Steph already have plans with Fiddler on the Roof and other things, and immediately lost interest in going to the Golden Ocean restaurant. Nothing really against the company or free food, but I don't know if I like people asking me certain questions and not understanding half the conversation without foils there! Guess I'll see what Jon's doing... maybe I'll call him later. OH RIGHT! There are those movie plans for The Prestige (Danielle's email just now reminded me), so perhaps that is what Jon's doing. I'm in for that providing that transport plans are made in a reasonable amount of time!

It was my turn to fall asleep mid-conversation on Corey, who didn't reply to my rebuttal on alcohol and acting drunk since I was expected to. Cheh... I'll get him for that later when I'm not under the influence of Scottish ale. ;) Then I had a weird dream which involved two people having lesbian sex (.... one was named "Mrs. Randal"), a toilet full of poop, and other such weird things. WHY ME?!


EL TORITO CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP

Categories: Soups, Mexican
Yield: 4 servings

1 quart Chicken stock
1 cup Julienne-cut tomatoes
2 Limes; (just the juice)
1/2 cup Julienne-cut red onion
1 tablespoon Dried Mexican oregano
1 Tablespoon Minced cilantro
1 tablespoon Dried basil
4 oz Jalapeno Jack cheese; cubed
1 teaspoon Pureed chipotle chili
2 Corn tortillas; cut in strips
1 Bay leaf
1 Avocado*
Salt & White pepper
4 Lime slices
2 Chicken breast halves*
4 Cilantro sprigs

* Note - Chicken breasts should be cooked and shredded. Avocado should be peeled, pitted, and sliced.

Combine stock, lime juice, oregano, basil, pureed chipotle, and bay leaf in stockpot. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Bring to boil. Simmer 15 minutes. Add shredded chicken, tomatoes, red onion and cilantro. Bring to boil. Simmer 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste. Ladle very hot soup into warm soup bowls. Drop in cheese cubes. Garnish each serving with a few tortilla strips, avocado slices, lime slice and cilantro sprig. Makes about 1 quart.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home