Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Laser eye surgery, being morbid, and empty floppy disks

I freaked out my sister earlier tonight. She thought that I might be Mom on the phone because sometimes Mom calls them before she comes home from work. So I told her that it would be impossible for me to be her mom, barring the most extreme medical stories like the one about the world's youngest mother being five years old. When she thought I was being gross, I said that I'd told her about that before, with the same reaction! Then I got all cheerfully morbid on her, telling her not to die during surgery.. yeah, I know the chances of that are very low for this procedure! But I like freaking her out, haha. :D (but for some reason, I want to be concerned about it... very bizarre!)

Tomorrow, she won't really be seeing anything at all since she has to go in at 10:15 and have her laser eye surgery at 11:15. I know that laser diodes will most probably be used, but not laser dildoes! No, I don't think she'll be at church on Sunday since she needs to rest her eyes a LOT. That's the valid enough reason she gave for not going on the Chinese bus tour, so I hope that I survive!


Corey's doing stuff with a computer emulator since he wants to see what's on his floppy disks or whatever. He's inspired me because now I want to see what's on MINE. I bought a whole bunch from the Kwantlen bookstore YEARS ago when I went there, but I don't know if they're still readable. If they are, any content goes on here. Reminds me of this old MSN conversation between me and my sister last May 21:

[18:20:18] Steph: cleaning room: Btw.
[18:20:39] Steph: just found a floppy labelled as "Leslie Ng Excel 5.0 Feb. 24-Mar. 12/98"
[18:20:41] Steph: do you want it?
[18:20:48] Steph: seems pretty dated! hoho! 7 years old!
[18:21:44] Flami: Jon's finally home!: haha, oh no
[18:21:51] Flami: haha, I have no idea what's on it!
[18:21:51] Steph: okay, I will throw it out now
[18:22:01] Steph: something from 7 years ago! hoho!!!
[18:22:25] Flami: haha, I probably don't need it anyhow!
[18:22:54] Steph: fine
[18:23:51] Steph: hmm, it's empty
[18:23:56] Steph: I checked. hoho
[18:24:31] Flami: oh, haha
[18:24:37] Flami: then no, I don't need an empty one, hahaha
[18:26:04] Steph: okay

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home