Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Guess these books from their first lines!

Stolen from Jenna (atomic_goo):

Pick 5-10 favorite books. Post the first line of each book (obscuring names if need be). Challenge your friends list to guess the books.

Guess the books from their first lines!

1. "It wasn't a very likely place for disappearances, at least at first glance."

2. "Many times since the Earth was young, the place had lain under the sea."

3. "The river flowed both ways."

4. "Whenever Dad didn't drive me home from school, a yellow school bus would let me off at an isolated spot where I would recover my bike from the nearest ravine, hidden there each morning before I stepped onto the bus."

5. "Once upon a time, sixty years ago, a little girl lived in the Big Woods of Wisconsin, in a little gray house made of logs."

6. "He died in the third week after Pinatubo, a small unknown volcano in the Philippines, started to belch smoke and spew ash, pushing smoke higher and higher into the stratosphere where the great up-draughts and crosswinds that swirl above the earth swept it to a height of 22,000 feet and spread it like a blanket across the blue Pacific Ocean."

7. "My suffering left me sad and gloomy."

8. "It was seven minutes after midnight."

9. "You know, I've never had long hair."

10. "From the Baltic city of St. Petersburg, built on a river marsh in a far northern corner of the empire, the Tsar ruled Russia."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home