Saturday, January 03, 2009

Matt and Elaine's wedding reception

High-scoring word of the night so far:

JADES (280 points) - against Christine B. [4W, two 2W; hook off OAKS for a plural to make SOAKS]


I hope the light here isn't turned on for some strange reason like it was yesterday. If I didn't know better, I'd swear someone else was living here! (never again... would be rather easy to tell here, too!) Seriously. I got up to do something, and noticed the light was ON when I'd definitely switched it OFF. After a "what the?!" moment, I turned it off again - and all was well.

Matt and Elaine's wedding reception went pretty well, even if I did get annoyed on the way over. (My mom asked me how much money I had on my body - that's a disgusting question which I refused to answer! It's supposed to be "ON HAND," heh.) I was at the table with my friends who were parents: Mel, Frances, Micah, Danny, Helen, Cory (Nicholas was at home), David, Rosenda, Ian, Gabriel (who wanted a wine glass!), Billy, Stella, Benjamin, Noah, Lily, Lee, Hannah, Gavin, Winnie, Megan, Sophia, John, Olivia, Anne, Warren, Lauren, Matthew (Brandon was at home), Chung, Karen, and Mattias provided me with plenty of distraction! Also saw Jessica Lai's parents AND Trudy's parents - yay!

We talked about recent life developments - Helen, Rosenda, Sophia, and a bunch of others didn't know that Jon was even engaged till they heard his sharing last week about how he was going to get married in five months. I guess it's natural for the parents with young kids not to know these things, heh. Steph is actually pretty lucky, haha! Discussed snow-related Facebook status updates, interaction with little kids, schooling, Winter Conference / the holidays, Montessori INTERVIEWS for a three-year-old (what are you going to ask the kid?!), maternity leave, parenting, nursing babies, transit delays, the current snowy weather, the cool video of the ceremony, and more. Matt and Elaine got married right at the edge of a volcano crater - wow! They haven't had a honeymoon yet since they've been busy hosting various receptions, but maybe they'll have one now. Andrea caught up with me (she'd called me before I left), which was cool. The wedding favors were Hawaiian Host Macadamia Nut Crunch - yummy!

I made faces at three-month-old Mattias when he woke up, and talked to him a lot since his mom says he likes that. It was kinda awkward when it came to toasting time because the baby was nursing.. meh, he can "CHEER" on his own! He held my finger for a bit, too! Talked to little Cory for a bit, and looked at a sleeping Gavin. Tried talking to Matthew, who will be four on my sister's birthday. Caught up with Lauren, and hugged her goodbye - it's been some time! Warren and Danny didn't mind helping me with the food, which was fine by me. I said hi to Sophia's daughter Olivia, and she actually waved and said hi back - cool! Ian liked the Chinese snack desserts since they had balls inside of them, and wondered what my dessert was - an almond cookie with a nut on top, heh. Interesting time out, for sure. Must ask Raymond / Jeremy how the engagement party was tomorrow - that'll be good. :D

Got home to find that Michelle Christmas had nudged me in a Scrabble Beta game, so I guess I'll be playing that. Michelle Cheung also had asked if I had Limewire - nope! Suppose I'll write on their walls, and send Jesse a message - it IS crazy that he's now friends with his mother!


Some more things from the Surrealist:

Reality TV Machine - I'm Angry, So What? - Only in a modern university would you find Simon Cowell and a group of parents learning to drive.

London Evening Standard headline generator

Ultimate Personality Test


Mutant Song Lyrics!

And here is a red Leslie,
I think of you, and let it go.

Which song was this lyric from?

Get your own lyrics:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home